These Mushroom Puff Pastry Appetizers are insanely delicious and perfect for entertaining. The mix of mushroom, garlic, and chicken in a flaky crust will wow your guests and family.
What do I need to make these mushroom appetizers?
- Protein- Chicken (shredded)
- Vegetables- Mushrooms (chopped), Garlic
- Dairy- Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Seasonings and Herbs- Olive oil, Salt, Black pepper, Mayonnaise, Fresh dill
- Puff Pastry Shells
Where can I buy puff pastry shells?
The shells for these Mushroom Puff Pastry Appetizers can be found in any grocery store, in the freezer section near the desserts.
How to make mushroom puff pastry appetizers
- Saute chopped mushrooms. Place the olive oil in a medium pan and cook the mushrooms over medium-high heat until they are tender.
- Combine filling ingredients. Mix the mushrooms, garlic, chicken, mayonnaise, mozzarella, salt, pepper, and dill together in a bowl.
- Fill the shells. Fill each thawed puff pastry shell with a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake them. Brush each mushroom puff pastry appetizer with egg wash before baking them for 30 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
How to make them ahead of time (time-saving tip!)
If you’re short on time, you can prep these Mushroom Puff Pastries by making the chicken and mushroom filling ahead of time and then storing it in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to fill and bake the shells.
How to reheat the mushroom appetizers
Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8 minutes.
How to make them healthier?
For a lower-calorie alternative that contains less fat, but still tastes amazing, try these Chicken and Mushroom Phyllo appetizers.
What to serve with mushroom puff pastry appetizers
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Ribeye Steak
- Loaded Chicken Nachos
- Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
- Baked Eggplant Parmesan
More savory puff pastry recipes to try
Mushroom Puff Pastry Appetizers
Sautee chopped mushrooms
- 1 . Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat and sauté the chopped mushrooms until they become tender.
Combine filling ingredients
- 2 . In a bowl combine, the cooked mushrooms, shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
Fill and bake the shells
- 3 . Place the thawed puff pastry shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fill each shell with 1 heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture. Then brush with egg wash and bake at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.