This 3 ingredient smoked salmon appetizer recipe is made with minimal ingredients and comes together so quickly. Its made with cream cheese, smoked salmon, and homemade baked tortilla cups.
This is one of our favorite ways to serve smoked salmon. We also enjoy these smoked salmon appetizer recipes as well.
- Smoked salmon cucumber appetizer
- spring salad with smoked salmon
- bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon
- smoked salmon wrap
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How to make smoked salmon appetizer
- In a large bowl, combine the smoked salmon and cream cheese using an electric mixer.
- Now cut out circles from the tortilla and place them in a mini muffin tin and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, you’ll want to place a star piping tip into a pastry bag and fill it with the smoked salmon appetizer filling.
- Then fill each tortilla cup with the smoked salmon spread and garnish with your choice of herbs.
Ingredients for smoked salmon appetizer
- Smoked Salmon
- cream cheese (room temp)
- flour tortillas
- Chopped fresh dill for garnish (optional)
Tips for making the smoked salmon appetizer
- Use room temperature softened cream cheese. It will blend with the smoked salmon a lot easier.
- In order to get similarly shaped circles out of your tortilla, use a biscuit cutter or an opened can to make an indent in the tortillas as a guide of where to cut. Then cut the circles out using kitchen shears.
- Garnish with your choice of herbs for a prettier finished look. I like to use chopped dill for this smoked salmon appetizer.
- 3 oz Smoked Salmon
- 8 oz package cream cheese room temp
- 3 large flour tortillas
- Chopped fresh dill for garnish
- Shred 3 oz of smoked salmon into a bowl. Using a handheld mixer blend in the softened cream cheese into the smoked salmon.
- Press a biscuit cutter or the bottom of a can onto the flour tortillas. Using scissors or kitchen shears, cut out each circle.
- Place the tortilla circles into a mini muffin tin, and bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the tortillas are in the oven, fill a piping bag with the salmon and cream cheese mixture.
- With an open start piping tip, pipe out enough of the salmon cream cheese to fill each tortilla cup. Garnish with chopped dill.
This recipe was originally posted on Feb 14, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.