This smoked salmon spinach salad has it all. Crisp baby greens, crunchy cucumber, salt smoked salmon and an incredibly delicious cilantro lime salad dressing to wrap the entire meal together.
Like most salads, this salmon spinach salad comes together very quickly, which makes it a perfect salad for weeknight dinners.
Guess what? if you don’t have smoked salmon, you can use grilled or baked salmon as well. I’ve actually had this smoked salmon salad without any salmon, and it still tasted so delicious. I’m telling you, the dressing is the star of the salad.
Ingredients for smoked salmon salad
- mixed baby greens (or any kind of spring mix)
- red onion
- english cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- smoked salmon (lox)
- Cilantro lime salad dressing
How to make smoked salmon spinach salad
- Slice the red onion using a sharp knife. Then cut the cucumber into quartered slices.
- Place the mixed baby greens, smoked salmon (torn in pieces), sliced cherry tomatoes, and red onion onto a plate. Put as much of each ingredient as you like.
- Now pour the cilantro lime dressing over the salmon salad. I always pour a little and add more as needed.
Do you love salmon? Try these other salmon recipes.
- smoked salmon appetizers
- salmon wellington
- grilled cilantro lime salmon
- cedar plank salmon on the grill
- smoked salmon cucumber appetizers
Smoked Salmon Salad
This smoked salmon salad is a bright and flavorful salad loaded with mixed baby greens, smoked lox salmon, and chopped vegetables. The highlight of this salad is the cilantro lime dressing.Print Pin Rate
For the salmon salad
- 3 cups mixed baby greens or any kind of spring mix
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 oz smoked salmon lox
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the salad dressing: In a small beaker, combine minced garlic, lime juice, vinegar, and honey. Give it a quick stir, then add in the roughly chopped cilantro and blend well. (I used an immersion blender). As you blend the dressing over low speed, slowly add in the grapeseed oil. Adding the oil in while briskly mixing will help properly emulsify the dressing. Once the oil is well blended, add in the salt and pepper
- Chop up the red onion and cucumber.
- Arrange the baby greens, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, and red onion onto a plate. (You can put your desired amount of each ingredient).
- Drizzle the cilantro lime dressing over the salad to your liking.
Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 29g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 660IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo of it and tag me on Instagram @simplyhomecooked or use the hashtag #simplyhomecooked so I can see it and feature it!
This recipe was originally posted on May 28, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Latest posts by Dina (see all)
- Chicken Croquettes Recipe - March 22, 2023
- Baked Shrimp - March 20, 2023
- Tiramisu Cake Recipe (VIDEO) - March 17, 2023
Leave questions and feedback here