This Shrimp Linguine is simple and delicious. Buttery garlic flavor with zesty fresh lemon and perfectly cooked shrimp make this linguine dish taste amazing.
If you’re looking for more tasty pasta dishes, then you should try our garlic shrimp scampi and creamy shrimp Alfredo pasta.
Table Of Contents
Simple Shrimp Linguine Recipe
- TASTE: This pasta dish is bursting with garlic-butter flavor and hints of lemon and herbs.
- TEXTURE: The lightly sauced pasta are cooked al dente and tossed with juicy plump shrimp.
- TIME: Shrimp linguine is a quick recipe that comes together in under 30 minutes!
- EASE: This recipe doesnt require any special tool or skills so its defientely easy to make!
What you’ll need for this recipe
- Pasta: I use linguine, you can use any other kind of pasta.
- Sauce: Butter, olive oil, minced garlic, and fresh lemon juice
- Shrimp: Use large shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- Season and garnish: A simple seasoning of salt, pepper, and garnish with fresh parsely.
How to make Shrimp linguine
This is a quick run-down of the recipe with step-by-step photos. For the full recipe with measurements, scroll down to the printable recipe card.
- Cook the pasta. Cook the linguine in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Saute the garlic. Meanwhile, add the oil and butter to a large pan and bring it to medium-high heat. Once it’s sizzling, add the finely minced garlic and quickly stir for 10-15 seconds.
- Add the shrimp. Pick up the heat to high and add the raw shrimp. Stir the shrimp for about 5-6 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the lemon juice. Now add the fresh lemon juice and stir for 1 minute.
- Combine the pasta and sauce. Drain the cooked linguine and add it to the pan. Turn the heat off and add the chopped parsley on top of the Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta. Serve.
Variations on this Pasta dish
- Add wine- White wine, like a riesling or pinot grigio, goes nicely with these flavors when added to the sauce (cook it for a few minutes to cook off the alcohol and leave the flavor).
- Substitute another protein- Clams, mussels, chicken, or bacon would be delicious substitutes if you can’t use shrimp.
- Make it creamy- Add some Parmesan cheese and heavy cream to the sauce to make this dish creamy.
- Try another pasta- While I used linguine in my dish, you can try angel hair, spaghetti, penne, or others. Just check the package for how to cook it al dente.
How to Store it
Place any leftovers of this Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat it, you can place the pasta back in the saucepan to warm or heat it in the microwave.
More Scrumptious Pasta dishes to Enjoy!
- Pasta Pomodoro Recipe
- Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Easy Four Cheese Ravioli (15-Minute Meal)
Full Recipe Instructions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Begin by adding 1 pound of linguine pasta to a pot of salted boiling water. Cook al dente.
- In the meantime, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter to a large pan. Bring the heat to medium-high.
- Once you hear the butter sizzle, add 6 finely minced garlic cloves. Quickly stir for about 10-15 seconds.
- Pick the heat up to high and add 2 pounds of large raw shrimp that have been peeled and deveined.
- Mix the shrimp around for about 5-6 minutes or until they are fully cooked through. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Then pour in 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Drain your cooked pasta and add it to the pan. Turn the heat off and add 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley on top.
- Flavor variations and substitutes
- How to store it
- Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe (VIDEO) - June 7, 2023
- Tropical Smoothie - June 5, 2023
- Cherry Cobbler - June 3, 2023
So easy and tasty! 👍
Thank you for the kind feedback, Karen! 🙂
Mary Hetherington says
Yes. This was very good and light. My husband really like it.
Hi Mary 🙂 Happy to hear you and your husband loved this shrimp linguine! Thank you so much for your feedback and support! 🙂
Perfect & easy!!! Thank you! I added minced onions to the sautée process!
That’s a great idea! I am so glad you loved this pasta dish! 🙂
First time writing a review on anything, that’s how good it was! And so easy to make with just a few ingredients. This one is a definite keeper!
Thank you, Mike! So awesome to hear you loved this recipe so much! Thank you so much for your feedback and support! I hope you find more recipes to enjoy from my blog! 🙂
Mary Riva says
Just made the linguini shrimp. It was Delicious! So easy to make also.
Hi Mary 🙂 That is so awesome to hear! Always happy when people find my recipes easy and delicious! Thank you so much for your feedback! 🙂
Great base recipe. I added a couple of shallots, chilli flakes and a good splash of white wine. Tied it all together!
Sherrion H Stephens says
I am viewing your simple to follow recipe today for the shrimp linguine. And hat’s off to you for making this dish so simple. Thank You
You are very welcome Sherrion! Very pleased to hear you love my recipe and blog! Thank you for your awesome feedback! I hope you enjoy this shrimp linguine, along with many more recipes from my blog! Let me know how it goes! 🙂
Dads in the kitchen says
Simply amazing! So quick and easy, yet delicious. Perfect for those comfort food moments. 😁
That’s awesome! Thank you for taking the time to write your kind feedback 😊
This was so delicious! Thank you!
That is so awesome to hear! You are very welcome and thank you for leaving an awesome review! I hope you find more delicious recipes to enjoy from my food blog! 🙂
OMG!!! This was so delicious! Will make again. Thanks for the recipe!
You are very welcome Jess! Very happy to hear you loved this shrimp linguine so much! Always happy to hear when my recipes have become family favorites! Thank you for your feedback and support! 🙂
My pleasure Jess! I am so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed this recipe.
Barbara Fee says
It turned out really good! Hubby ate it all! Taste like restaurant quality!
Yay! Always a good thing when hubby approves! Glad to hear you loved this shrimp linguine so much! Thank you so much for your feedback and support, Barbara! 🙂
Barbara, that is so awesome! I am happy to hear that you all enjoyed the shrimp linguine!
Easy, fast, TASTY like the Italians do it!
Thank you for your awesome feedback Betsy! Glad to hear you enjoyed this shrimp linguine! I hope you find more recipes to enjoy from my food blog! 🙂
Cheryl LaBonte says
Easy and delicious … we loved this recipe.
Will definitely make it again!
Hi Cheryl 🙂 So happy to hear you loved this shrimp linguine recipe! Thank you for your feedback and support! I hope you find many more recipes on enjoy on my food blog! 🙂
Simply Homecooked and Simply Elegant!!!
A quick and easy dish, this is light and bright for a summertime dinner. Thank you!
You are very welcome Marian! It makes me so happy to hear you loved this shrimp linguine recipe so much! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! I hope you find many more delicious recipes on my food blog! 🙂
I made this meal for dinner tonight . I never added lemon juice before. The lemon juice gave it a very nice zesty flavor . Delicious !!!! Made in less than 30 minutes . Adding to my list of recipes 💕. Thought I was in a Resturant not my own kitchen .
Thank you . I would recommend this to friends & family
That is so awesome to hear! Always happy to hear when people love my recipes! So excited that this shrimp linguine will be a repeat recipe in your home! Thank you so much for your feedback and support! I hope you find many more delicious recipes on my food blog! 🙂
It was pretty good. Didn’t really taste the flavor on the noodles. Tasted more oil than the flavor. I would suggest adding more butter and garlic
Thank you for the honest feedback. The amount of garlic is definitely a personal preference. You are more than welcome to add more 🙂
Loved this recipe. Definitely one to keep. I made this and it was so simple and delicious. I did add the Parmesan cheese and it was a great addition. My husband loved the garlic flavor.
Hi Kathy 🙂 That is so awesome to hear! I always love it when families love my recipes! This shrimp linguine really is an easy dish and very versatile if you want to adjust it to fit your family 🙂 Thank you so much for your feedback and support! I hope you find more recipes for you and your family to enjoy! 🙂
Could I add scallops to the dish?
Hi Kristyn, yes you can definitely add scallops to this dish! I think that would be a lovely addition.
Julie Sutton says
Haven’t made yet but am planning to make it for dinner tomorrow night will take pic 😋 and let u know. Thanks sounds delicious 😋 can’t wait to try.
Thank you so much, Julie! I can’t wait for you to give it a try! 🙂
Can I use frozen shrimp for this dish?
Hi Dorothy 🙂 Yes, you can use frozen shrimp for this linguine recipe. Just make sure to let them fully thaw before cooking them. I hope you love this recipe! Please let me know how it goes 🙂
Such a simple and easy pasta dish. I especially love how light it was. Definitely going to make this again. Thank you!
Thank you so much, Marina! This shrimp linguine is definitely a keeper 🙂