When it came to salads, I used to be pretty basic about it. I’ve always found it odd when salads had any kind of fruit mixed in. I guess I just never cared to try it until I came over to my husband’s cousin’s house for dinner one evening. She’s actually the one who gave me this recipe. As she brought this strawberry spinach salad to the table my first thought was wow what a gorgeous looking salad. It almost looked too pretty to eat. Although I wasn’t too excited about the fruits, I still tried it out of curiosity. I was so amazed at how delicious it was. I couldn’t help but have a few more servings 😉 the pecans had a nice nutty taste that went so well with the berries. Whenever I make this salad, I go easy on the poppy seed dressing because the salad already has some sweetness from the berries. But hey if you like your salad sweeter, add as much as you want 🙂
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped or in halves
1/4 cup crumbled traditional feta cheese
1 1/2 cup strawberries
3/4 cup blueberries
5 oz spring salad mix
Poppy seed dressing (lighthouse brand)
How to make Strawberry Pecan Salad
1. Roast the chopped pecans in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
2. Add in the butter. Once it’s melted, add in the brown sugar. Let the sugar and butter caramelize for no more than 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the pecans onto parchment paper to let them cool.
4. Cut the strawberries in slices. Then fill a bowl with the spinach salad mix and arrange the feta, strawberries, blueberries, and pecans on top. Drizzle the poppy seed dressing and enjoy.
Strawberry Pecan Salad
Calories: 205 kcal
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans chopped or in halves
- 1/4 cup crumbled traditional feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 5 oz spring salad mix
- Poppy seed dressing lighthouse brand
- Roast the chopped pecans in a small saucepan over medium high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the butter. Once it's melted, add in the brown sugar. Let the sugar and butter caramelize for no more than 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pecans onto parchment paper to let them cool.
- Cut the strawberries in slices. Then fill a bowl with the spiny salad mix and arrange the feta, strawberries, blueberries, and pecans on top. Drizzle the poppy seed dressing and enjoy.
Strawberry Pecan Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Cholesterol 15mg 5%
Sodium 111mg 5%
Potassium 177mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 8.6%
Vitamin C 34.7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.