This refreshing and creamy Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe is a unique option to serve alone or as a side at your next summer barbecue. The creamy texture of the eggs and mayonnaise combined with the crunch of cucumber and the kick of flavor in the radishes make it a unique and delicious side.
This recipe was originally posted July 3, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Cucumber Salad Recipe
This salad is packed with flavor. It has a nice crunch from the fresh cucumbers and radishes and a creaminess from the hardboiled eggs. Every year my family goes to the same park for the 4th of July. But we decided to mix things up this year and try out a new place. Adding a fun recipe like this to the mix keeps some of the family traditions while adding new experiences to our time together.
Ingredients for this cucumber radish salad
- Green Onions
- Fresh Dill
- Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
How to make this creamy cucumber salad
Before beginning, make sure to read over the complete printable recipe below for measurements and instructions. You will begin by boiling your eggs and preparing them to go in the salad. Next, you will prep the remaining vegetables in a large bowl as directed. The dressing will be the last part you make and then combine with the eggs and vegetables.
Keep refrigerated until time to serve. To distribute flavors evenly, always stir this creamy cucumber salad well before serving.
How long will this cucumber salad last in the fridge?
This is an easy recipe to make, so making it fresh is the preferred route. However, if that isn’t an option for you then a fridge is a perfect solution. If stored in an airtight container, you can keep this cucumber salad in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to make this salad recipe healthier
One way is to swap the sour cream for Greek yogurt. The mayonnaise adds a lot of flavor, but you actually can omit it and replace it with greek yogurt as well.
More Summer BBQ Recipes
Summertime brings about tons of picnics and weekend barbecues. Make sure to check out some more of our favorite recipes ideal for these events.
- Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Tri-Color Pasta Salad
- Easy BBQ Wings Recipe
- Grilled Asian Beef skewers
Cucumber Egg Radish Salad Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 2 bunches of radish
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 green onions
- 2 tbsp dill chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place the eggs into a pot or sauce pan and fill with water. (About 1 inch above the eggs) bring the water to a boil. Once it's boiling turn the heat off and cover the eggs with a lid for 15 minutes. Pour the water out and add cold water. Let the eggs sit in the cold water until they've cooled. Peel the eggs and chop them up.
- Slice the cucumber and radish, then chop the green onion and dill.
- Place all for the cut ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise and sour cream and stir it into the salad. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.