This Avocado Corn Salad is loaded with flavor from the sweet grilled corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and homemade lime dressing. This summer salad is easy to make and super irresistible.
Make the most of your seasonal produce this summer with this Cucumber Radish Salad and Spinach Strawberry Salad.
Table Of Contents
Avocado Corn Salad Recipe Details
Avocado Corn Salad is a classic summer salad that goes great with barbecues, parties, or wherever there is food! This salad will definitely please any crowd.
- TASTE: Sweet corn, spicy jalapeno, and tangy dressing make this salad unbelievably flavorful.
- TEXTURE: With creamy avocado tossed with crisp veggies and corn, each bite is a perfect mix of textures.
- TIME: This Avocado Corn Salad only takes 20 minutes to make.
- EASE: This is an easy summer salad to prepare and is very versatile.
What You’ll Need
- Corn- on the cob
- Vegetables- Avocado, Red onion, Cherry tomatoes, and Jalapeno (optional)
- Herbs and seasoning- Cilantro, Salt, and Black pepper
- Dressing- Garlic clove (pressed), Lime juice, and Olive oil
How to Make Avocado Corn Salad
- Make the dressing- Combine the pressed garlic, lime juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Add the other ingredients together. In a separate bowl, combine the grilled corn, cilantro, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado, salt, and pepper.
- Dress the salad. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing onto the Avocado Corn Salad and toss to combine. Serve.
Pro Tip: Chop and dice the ingredients before starting the dressing so it’s easy to put together and won’t sit long enough to separate.
- Use fresh corn- Freshly harvested summer corn gives you the sweetest and best flavor for your Avocado Corn Salad.
- Use a fresh lime over concentrate- Fresh lime juice will give this sweet summer salad more flavor and depth than the bottled concentrate.
- How to cut corn- I find that the easiest way to cut the corn kernels is to stand the corn up on a cutting board. Then, using a sharp knife, slice a strip of the kernels downward. Rotate the cob and repeat.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Substitute other vegetables- Bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, or others could be added in place of any vegetables you aren’t a fan of.
- Add cheese- Add some cheese crumbles for additional flavor and texture, such as feta or blue cheese. Or dice up some pepper jack cheese for extra spice.
- Make it less spicy- If you are not a fan of spice, you can skip the jalapeno pepper. Or to make it milder, scrape out the seeds, which is where most of the heat resides.
- Substitute other herbs- Besides cilantro, this Avocado Corn Salad could also be made with parsley, dill, basil, or mint.
Absolutely! When corn is out of season, using frozen corn is a great substitute. This way you can make this Avocado Corn Salad year-round. Canned corn is an option, but less ideal.
You can do it 1 of 3 ways. You can bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes (either in the husks or peeled and wrapped in foil); grill it over medium-high heat for 18-20 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes (after soaking the corn husks in water); or boil it for 7-10 minutes (peeled).
This recipe for Avocado Corn Salad is so versatile, you can pair it with most dishes. Here are a few serving ideas:
- Meats: Try this salad with Barbecue Pork Ribs, Smoked Beef Brisket, or Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breast.
- Sandwiches: Serve it as a side with a Classic BLT Sandwich, Grilled Caprese Sandwich, or Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Sandwich.
- Sides: Avocado Corn Salad goes well with other sides, like Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli, Parmesan Roasted Potatoes, and Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers.
- Burgers: Try this summer salad alongside Spicy Chipotle Burgers with Avocado Sauce or Homemade Beef Burgers.
Make This Avocado Corn Salad in Advance
Make ahead: Since the avocado will brown over time, it’s best to make it within a few hours of serving. But you can prepare the dressing the day before and store it in the fridge.
Storing: Store any leftover Avocado Corn Salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freeze: Unfortunately, this salad does not freeze well. The avocado and vegetables get mushy. But you can freeze the corn once you’ve cooked it to be used in a future salad.
More Delicious Summer Salads!
- Tomato Salad Recipe
- Cabbage Cucumber Salad
- Chopped Caprese Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
Full Recipe Instructions
Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeño optional
- 2 small Avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine pressed garlic, lime juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine grilled corn, cilantro, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle a desired amount of the dressing onto and toss to combine.
- Can I use frozen corn?
- Can I use corn out of a can?
This recipe was originally posted on Aug 23, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
- Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe (VIDEO) - June 7, 2023
- Tropical Smoothie - June 5, 2023
- Cherry Cobbler - June 3, 2023
Carina Z says
Such and easy and delicious salad! I made it for a family dinner and everyone LOVED it! So fresh! And the hint of garlic was a hit!
That’s so awesome to hear Carina! So happy that you and your family loved this avocado corn salad so much 🙂 Thank you so much for your awesome review! 🙂