This Avocado Corn Salad is loaded with flavors from the sweet grilled corn, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and homemade lime dressing. This sweet summer corn salad is easy to make and super irresistible.
Corn salad is a classic summer salad that goes great with BBQs, parties, or wherever there is food! This avocado corn salad will definitely please any crowd.
Ingredients for this summer corn salad
How to cook corn on the cob
- How to bake corn on the cob– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the corn husks on the oven rack and roast for about 30 minutes. You can also peel the husks, then wrap the corn in foil with some flavored butter.
- How to grill corn on the cob– First make sure to soak the corn husks. Then place them on your grill for about 18-20 minutes on medium-high heat. Make sure to rotate about every 5 minutes.
- How to boil corn on the cob– Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil. Shuck the corn and place it in the water for about 7-10 minutes.
How to make this avocado corn salad
- Lime dressing- Combine the pressed garlic, lime juice (I juice mine with this lime juicier), and olive oil in a small bowl. You will use this to drizzle over your avocado corn salad.
- Corn salad- Now in a separate bowl combine your grilled corn, cilantro, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the desired amount of the dressing onto your corn salad and toss to combine.
Can I use frozen corn?
Absolutely! When corn is out of season using frozen corn is a great substitute. This way you can make the avocado corn salad year-round. Canned corn is an option but less ideal.
Corn Salad tips
How to cut corn- I find that the easiest way to cut the corn kernels is to stand the corn up on a cutting board. Then using a sharp knife, slice a strip of the kernels downward. Rotate the cob and repeat.
Use fresh corn- Freshly harvested summer corn gives you the sweetest and best flavor for your avocado corn salad.
More summer salads to enjoy
- Tomato salad recipe
- Cabbage cucumber salad
- Chopped Caprese salad
- Cucumber tomato salad
- Strawberry spinach salad
Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive
- 4 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Jalapeño optional
- 2 small Avocados
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine pressed garlic, lime juice, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine grilled corn, cilantro, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, avocado, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle a desired amount of the dressing onto and toss to combine.
This recipe was originally posted on Aug 23, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.