This Jalapeno Artichoke Dip is a delicious mix of smoky and spicy melted cheeses and artichoke bits, with a touch of heat from the jalapenos. Whether you’re entertaining or it’s just for the family, everyone will love this amazing dip.
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
This cheesy artichoke jalapeno dip is perfect for a casual get-together. The jalapenos give it a nice hint of spiciness and the fontina cheese tops the dip with a light smoky flavor. This artichoke dip can easily be made ahead of time and heated in the oven when ready to serve!
Ingredients for artichoke dip
Wet ingredients – Sour cream, Mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Cream cheese, and Garlic.
Cheeses – Pepper jack, Fontina, and Parmesan cheese.
Stars of the show – Spinach, Artichokes, and Jalapeños.
Seasonings – Salt and Pepper.
How to make Jalapeno artichoke dip
1. Combine wet ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and garlic using a handheld mixer.
2. Add in the cheeses. In a separate bowl, combine the shredded fontina, pepper jack, and parmesan cheeses.
3. Add the artichokes, jalapenos, and spinach. Then, strain all the juices out of the spinach, artichokes, and jalapeños and add them to the cheese blend.
3. Mix in the wet ingredients. Add the blended mayonnaise mixture to the bowl of cheeses and mix to combine. At this point, you can add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake the dip. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and sprinkle some extra shredded pepper jack and fontina cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve warm.
What to serve with artichoke dip
How long will this jalapeno dip last in the fridge
This dip will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator. Just cover or pour into a ziplock bag, and store.
Can you freeze this dip
Yes! Once the artichoke jalapeno dip has cooled, place it in an airtight container or ziplock freezer bag. If you are using a bag, lay it flat until it is frozen, then store it vertically to save room in your freezer. This jalapeno artichoke dip will last for 3 months in the freezer.
How to reheat this dip
To reheat, bake your Jalapeno Artichoke Dip at 350˚ for 40 minutes or until warm. If it was frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or defrost in the microwave (stir often to avoid excessive separation of the cheeses). You can add a touch of cream to the dip as it warms to help reincorporate the ingredients.
Hot Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or zested
- 1 cup fontina cheese shredded
- 1 cup pepper jack shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 8oz cans quartered artichoke
- 1/2 cup tamed jalapeño peppers chopped
- 1 10 oz package frozen Spinach
- Salt & pepper to taste
Mix everything in a large bowl
- In a mixing bowl combine the sour cream, cream cheese, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, and garlic using a handheld mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine the shredded fontina, pepper jack, and parmesan cheese. Strain all the juices out of the spinach, artichokes, and jalapeño and add it to the cheese.
- Add the blended mayonnaise mixture into the bowl of cheeses and mix to combine. At this point, you can add salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to an oven-safe dish, top with cheese, and bake
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe dish and sprinkle some extra shredded pepper jack and fontina cheese on top. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you want to get the cheese more browned and bubbly, broil for a few minutes at the end. Serve warm with pita chips.
This post was originally published on April 18, 2015, but it has been tweaked a little bit since then.