Rich, creamy, and delicious Chicken Alfredo Lasagna recipe that is made with a homemade alfredo sauce that is loaded with parmesan. This chicken lasagna is easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time and served for any occasion.
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
This delicious twist to a classic lasagna recipe will have your family and friends asking for more! Made with white alfredo sauce, chicken, and Barillo lasagna noodles.
Chicken lasagna recipe ingredients
The pasta: You can use uncooked lasagna noodles or the “oven-ready” kind. Just make sure to add more water if you use this type. I personally prefer the barilla uncooked pasta.
The filling: Here you’ll need shredded chicken, garlic, onion, spinach, and shredded mozzarella.
The Alfredo Sauce: Like any good white sauce, you’ll need heavy cream, parmesan, ricotta cheese, and a simple seasoning of salt and pepper.
How to make homemade chicken alfredo lasagna
In this chicken alfredo lasagna recipe, the sauce and the filling are together. So there’s no need to layer them between each other. This makes it easier and faster! Once you’ve got the garlic, onion, and spinach nicely sauteed, then add in the parmesan, heavy cream, ricotta, and seasoning. Let is come to a simmer and set it aside.
How to cook lasagna
In order to layer the lasagna, you’ll want to cook the pasta first. Do this by boiling it in a stockpot filled with water and a generous amount of salt for flavor. Cook the pasta until al dente. You can also drizzle some olive oil into the pasta. This helps prevent the pasta from sticking to each other.
How to layer lasagna
A typical lasagna goes in the following order: Sauce, lasagna noodles, sauce, filling, and then cheese. Now you want to continue this pattern starting from the lasagna noodles again. This is usually done at least 3 times.
Lasagna bake time
Depending on if your lasagna is fresh or frozen, your baking time will be different. You’ll want to make sure to cover your chicken alfredo lasagna with aluminum foil. Then remove the foil the last few minutes of baking, this is to prevent the cheese from burning.
- For fresh lasagna– Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes.
- For frozen lasagna- (see below for more details)
Can you freeze lasagna/How to freeze lasagna?
- You can freeze baked and unbaked lasagna. You’ll want to make sure to assemble the lasagna in a disposable aluminum baking dish prior to freezing.
- Before the lasagna goes into the freezer you’ll want to wrap it in foil or plastic wrap a few times to ensure a fresh taste later on. You can keep the lasagna in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How long to bake frozen lasagna?
If your chicken alfredo lasagna is frozen then you want to bake it in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes. Don’t forget to remove the foil for the last few minutes of baking.
What to serve with lasagna
- Garlic toast or breadsticks
- Chopped antipasto salad
- Caprese salad with balsamic glaze
- Roasted vegetables
Full Recipe Instructions
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
Chicken and cheese filling
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 15 Cooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high and add 2 tablespoons of butter along with 2 minced garlic cloves and 1 cup of chopped onion. Cook the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Now add 10 ounces of fresh spinach and stir until the spinach wilts.
Make the Alfredo sauce
- Then add in 4 cups of heavy cream, 1 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan, 15 ounces ricotta cheese, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Once the heavy cream comes to a slight simmer, remove it from the heat.
Fill your baking dish with noodles and chicken alfredo sauce
- In a 9 x 13 inch deep baking dish add a large spoonful of the chicken Alfredo mixture to coat the bottom of the pan then begin adding in your cooked lasagna sheets. I was able to squeeze about 5 noddles.
- Now add a generous amount of your chicken Alfredo mixture on top of the lasagna sheets and sprinkle on one-third of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layering the lasagna sheets, chicken Alfredo, and shredded mozzarella until all 15 of your lasagna sheets are assembled. Now cover the lasagna with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-35 minutes. Then broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese.