This Chicken Lasagna Recipe is a perfect recipe loaded with mushrooms and cheese for a delicious protein-packed all in one meal.
I love serving up fresh crusty bread with our homemade Herbed Dipping Oil as a starter course when I make this recipe.
Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is usually made with beef, but I prefer it with ground chicken thighs and mushrooms. If you don’t like mushrooms, they can easily be omitted from this recipe. I used chicken thighs instead of chicken breast in this chicken lasagna recipe because chicken thighs aren’t as dry. It might just be me, but I feel that using chicken instead of beef makes the dish a little lighter. This recipe has been a family favorite for years. Hopefully, it can become a favorite in your family as well 🙂
Ingredients for Chicken Lasagna Recipe
How to Make this Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Prepare vegetables as directed in the printable recipe below. Cook vegetables and ground chicken until cooked through. Season well and mix into the sauce as directed. Layer lasagna sheets, meat sauce, and cheese as directed before placing in the oven to cook until heated through and cheese is bubbling.
If available in your local grocery, you may want to use the oven ready lasagna sheets to save a step in the preparation process.
More Family-Favorite Pasta Recipes
Pasta is a wonderful staple pantry item. With so much versatility, it is ideal for last-minute meals, as well as creating delicious comfort food recipes. Below are links to some of my favorite pasta recipes to create for my family. Make sure to check these out along with printing the chicken lasagna recipe below.
- Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Best Meatballs with Spaghetti and Sauce
- Potato Gnocchi Recipe with Parmesan Sauce
- Simple Lasagna recipe
Chicken Lasagna Recipe
- Chop the onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil to medium high. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the onion and sauté until fully cooked.
- Add ground chicken thighs to the skillet and stir until completely cooked. Then add the salt, pepper, and prego sauce.
- In a separate bowl combine the parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, and half & half.
- Cook the lasagna sheets according to the package.
- In a deep 9x13 inch baking dish spread about 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Then spread 4 sheets of cooked lasagna on top. Or enough sheets to cover the entire surface.
- Add a more generous layer of the meat sauce on top of the lasagna sheets. Add half of the cheese mixture on top of the of the meat sauce. Then sprinkle about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Add 4 more sheets of lasagna, another generous layer of the meat sauce, the other half of the cheese mixture, and 1 cup of mozzarella. If you want, add some extra Parmesan cheese on top as well.
- When covering the baking dish with foil, try not to let the foil touch the cheese so it doesn't stick to it. Bake at 370 degrees for 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven.
This recipe was originally posted February 4, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.