This Chicken Risotto with Mushrooms Recipe is a perfectly simple way to make this often difficult dish easier than ever. Heavy cream and mushrooms add depth of flavor you will love.
Do you love mushrooms? If so, you’ll love our chicken mushroom pasta recipe!
This recipe was originally posted October 24, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chicken Risotto with Mushrooms
Now that the winter months are here, it’s time to welcome comfort foods that will leave us feeling warm and satisfied. This rich and creamy chicken risotto is sure to be a tummy pleaser. It’s loaded with chicken and sautéed mushrooms along with fragrant garlic and shallots. To top off all the creamy goodness, there’s a serving of grated Parmesan in the mix.
The best part about this dish is that it reheats really well. My husband usually doesn’t take second-day food to work, but he always brings this risotto to work the next day. If you set out to make this recipe, try using my homemade chicken broth recipe instead of store-bought broth. You won’t regret it one bit!
Ingredients for Chicken Risotto with Mushrooms
Chicken Broth (homemade chicken broth)
Salt & Pepper
How to Make Perfect Risotto
Following the printable recipe below, season and cook chicken tenders as directed. In a dutch oven pot, add mushrooms and cook along with garlic and shallots before adding in rice and sherry. Add in chicken broth slowly, cooking rice until desired consistency before adding in the heavy cream and cheese.
More Comfort Food Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious comfort food recipes, make sure to check the options linked below. I love sharing my favorite meals that please the family and know you will enjoy them as much as I do.
- Fried Ukrainian Piroshki Recipe
- Panko Crusted Salmon
- Homemade Chicken Meatball Soup
- Cast Iron Chicken Breast and Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Crown Roast of Pork Recipe
- Easy risotto recipe
Chicken Risotto with Mushroom
- Season both sides of the chicken tenders with salt and pepper.
- Fill a pan with 3 tbsp of olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Cook both sides the chicken just until fully cooked. Remove the chicken and let it cool. Once it's cooled, cut it into cubes.
- In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and stir until thoroughly cooked.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil, minced garlic, and chopped shaloots. Stir over medium heat until the shallots are translucent and cooked.
- Add in the Arborio rice and stir for about 3 minutes over medium high heat. Then add the dry sherry.
- Add the chicken broth, about 2 cups at a time letting the rice absorb the chicken broth each time.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add the cubed chicken and sautéed mushrooms. Then add 1-2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Start off with 1 tsp of salt, and keep adding according to your liking.
- Cook the rice for another 2 minutes, then stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.