This Tasty Nutella Wonton Recipe is going to become a new favorite sweet treat featuring the delicious pairing of chocolate and hazelnut in a small wonton package.
My Nutella Croissant Recipe is going to become another family favorite as a delightful hazelnut chocolate treat!
This recipe was originally posted September 6, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Nutella Wonton Recipe
This Nutella Wonton Recipe is such an easy way to whip up a quick dessert. The chocolatey hazelnut spread inside the deep-fried wonton pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee. You can make them in advance, but they will definitely taste better if eaten right away.
Nutella Wonton Recipe Ingredients
How to make Nutella Wonton Recipe
Toast and chop hazelnuts into small pieces. Combine ingredients inside wonton wrapper as directed and fold to create a beautiful pouch, and fry in your preferred oil until golden. Before serving, dust with a bit of powdered sugar.
Set your fresh cooked wonton on a paper towel or butcher paper to drain after you finish cooking. This is the best way to make sure your Nutella wonton is crisp but not too oily to serve your family.
More Nutella Recipe Ideas
If you didn’t know already, we are huge fans of Nutella and this wonton recipe is just one example. I’ve created other equally delicious Nutella themed desserts that I know you’ll enjoy. There is simply nothing as delicious as that chocolate and hazelnut combination. Make sure to check out the recipes linked below and try them all with your family.
Full Recipe Instructions
Nutella Wonton Recipe
- Chop the toasted hazelnuts and set aside.
- Lay the wonton squares onto a flat surface and spoon 1/2 tbsp of Nutella into the middle of each square.
- Then sprinkle a few pinches of chopped hazelnuts.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the egg white along the 4 edges of the square.
- First, pinch 2 corners of the wonton together, then bring the remaining 2 corners towards the center.
- Heat vegetable or corn oil over medium high heat and fry the wontons in batches until golden. Each batch cooks very quickly (about 30 seconds).
- Transfer the fried Nutella wontons onto a plate lined with a paper towel and dust with powdered sugar.