This is the Best Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe ever! You will fall in love with how simple and delicious this recipe is for a fun sweet bread treat.
I actually use the base of my original brioche bread recipe to create different flavors like this Nutella brioche.
This recipe was originally posted April 12, 2017, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Best Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe
As promised in my previous post, here is the Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe! Don’t be fooled by the rather large portion… this stuff will be gone faster than you think. Warm fluffy brioche braided with chocolate hazelnut spread, must I say more?! Enjoy this sweet bread with tea, coffee, or even cold milk.
I love making bread, especially sweet bread. This recipe makes six small loaves (same size as banana bread loaves). When making bread, I like to make larger portions because it doesn’t make much sense for me to wait for the proofing/baking process for just one loaf. Bread is not something you can whip up right away, it does take time. That is why I like making a large batch to share with everyone.
Ingredients for Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe
For complete measurements and directions see the printable recipe below.
Instructions for Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe
- Begin with preparing your yeast mixture in a large measuring cup for proofing. Once it is frothy, you will add in your flour, salt, and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer. Follow directions below to create a beautiful bread dough.
- Next, you will add your butter to the dough and knead as directed. This creates that beautiful rich and flaky bread you think of when you hear brioche bread recipe.
Once your brioche bread recipe dough has proofed, you will begin the process of layering in the Nutella to roll and braid. Follow the easy step by step process below, but know it can get a bit messy.
Once your braids are ready, add your brioche bread recipe to loaf pans and bake with a light egg wash for color.
More Homemade Bread Recipes
While this Nutella Brioche Bread Recipe is one of my favorites, I also love making all sorts of bread. Below are some of my additional favorite bread recipes.
- Homemade Brioche Bun Recipe
- Brioche bread recipe
- Overnight Rustic Bread Recipe
- Khachapuri Georgian Cheese Bread
- Harvest Bread Recipe
- Panettone Bread Recipe
- Focaccia Bread Recipe
Full Recipe Instructions
- In a glass bowl or large measuring cup, combine milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and yeast. Leave this mixture in a warm place for about 20 minutes. Once it becomes frothy, give it a quick stir.
- Place the flour (start with 7 cups) and salt, and 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Then pour the warm yeast mixture into the bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and give them a quick whisk just to loosen them. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract to the rest of the ingredients in the mixer bowl.
- Using the hook attachment, beat the dough until it begins to come together.
- Cut the butter into slices and add 1/2 cup. Continue kneading the dough until the butter is well incorporated.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup slices butter and kneed the dough on high speed for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the dough isn't coming together well enough, add the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Place the dough onto a light floured surface and round it into a ball. Place it into a bowl greased with oil (lightly grease the top of the dough as well). Then cover with a cheesecloth and leave in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has proofed, divide it into 6 equal pieces. These six pieces will equal six small Nutella brioche loaves.
- Form each piece into a ball, then roll it out to a circle 12 inches in diameter.
- Evenly spread 1/4 cup warmed Nutella onto each dough circle. Then roll it up tightly. If you prefer more Nutella, you can add more. It just gets harder to work with when there is a lot of Nutella.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled up dough in half (lengthwise). Then cross over the 2 stands in a braid like fashion.
- Spray 6 loaf pans with nonstick spray and place the braided Nutella brioche into the pans. Cover with a cheesecloth and let it proof in a warm place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has proofed, brush with egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 tsp water) . Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes until golden brown.