These Almond Joy Cookies are a real treat if you love coconut and chocolate with some crunchy nuts. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also so simple – you’ll only need 4 ingredients!
Table Of Contents
If you love Almond Joy candy bars, then these cookies will bring a smile to your face. I love them for their flavor, but also how easy and quick they are to make.
- TASTE: Sweet and nutty, these Almond Joy Cookies are full of yummy coconut flakes and melted chocolate.
- TEXTURE: Crunchy almonds, gooey chocolate chips, and chewy coconut make these cookies absolutely scrumptious.
- TIME: These cookies will take less than half an hour to make.
- EASE: These simple and delicious Almond Joy Cookies are made with only 4 ingredients! They are so easy, you won’t mind whipping them up again and again.
What You’ll Need
- Sweetened flaked coconut – Make sure you get the sweet kind. The unsweeteneed one won’t give the same amount of sweetness.
- Almond- You want to use roasted and salted almonds. The salt will bring out more flavor.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Leave out the nuts- More of a Mounds fan than an Almond Joy person? Just skip the almonds and increase the coconut flakes in place of them.
- Substitute other nuts- Despite the name, you can use other nuts in this recipe. Try chopped walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, and pistachios.
- Add dried fruit- For a sweet or tart flavor, add chopped dried fruit, such as cherries or dates. You could also add raisins, cranberries, or blueberries.
- Substitute different chocolates- White, dark, mint, or any other chocolate chip (even peanut butter) can be used in place of the milk chocolate used here.
How to Make Almond Joy Cookies
- Chop the almonds. Coarsely chop the salted roasted almonds.
- Add the coconut and condensed milk. Then add them to a bowl with the flaked coconut and condensed milk.
- Combine and scoop the cookies. Use a spatula to mix all the ingredients together. Then use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop mounds of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake. Bake the cookies at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 14-16 minutes. Then let them cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Now in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips.
Pro Tip: When melting chocolate, give it a stir every 10 seconds or so to avoid burning it. When it’s mostly melted, stir until the remaining chips melt into the hotter parts.
- Dip the Almond Joy Cookies. Dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate and then place it back onto the parchment paper to set.
- Drizzle the tops of the cookies. Now pour the remaining melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag. Snip off the end of the tip and drizzle it over the Almond Joy Cookies. Let the chocolate set for at least 2 hours before enjoying.
- Thoroughly combine the cookie dough ingredients- Make sure you work the dough enough that the chopped almonds have disbursed throughout the coconut flakes and thick condensed milk.
- Let the cookies cool before adding chocolate- Let the cookies cool completely before dipping them in the melted chocolate. Otherwise, the chocolate will not set and just make a mess.
- Pat the cookie scoops into shape- If your scooped dough is a little misshapen, wet your fingertips and just pat the mounds into the shape you want.
- Let the cookies set- This will allow the melted chocolate to completely solidify on the cookies so it doesn’t smear. They’re done when you touch the tops and your fingers come away clean.
The major difference between condensed milk and evaporated milk is that the condensed is sweetened. You can substitute them for each other texture-wise, but the evaporated milk will lack the sweetness.
These Almond Joy Cookies are gluten-free, but not dairy-free. To make them dairy-free, you just need to substitute a dairy-free condensed milk made with coconut milk in place of the regular, along with dairy-free chocolate chips.
These tasty Almond Joy Cookies are perfect for dessert at home or as part of a cookie platter: These Almond Joy Cookies go well with others like Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies, Vanilla Macarons, and Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies.
Make These Cookies in Advance
Make ahead: You can make these cookies ahead and store them at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. You can also make the cookies and then add the chocolate on the day of.
Storing: You can store these Almond Joy Cookies in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 3-5 days at room temperature or in the fridge.
Freeze: To freeze them, just place the cooled and set cookies in a freezer-safe container with wax paper layered between them. They will last 3-6 months.
More Yummy Cookies Recipes!
Full Recipe Instructions
Almond Joy Cookies
- Coarsely chop 3/4 cups of salted roasted almonds.
- Use a spatula to combine all ingredients together. Now use a medium-sized cookie scoop and scoop out mounds of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 14-16 minutes. Then let the almond joy cookies cool completely.
- Now in a microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
- Then dip the bottom of each cookie in the melted chocolate and place it back onto the parchment paper to set.
- Then pour the remaining amount of melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag. Then snip off the end of the tip and drizzle the melted chocolate over the almond Joy cookies. Let the chocolate set for at least 2 hours before enjoying.