These S’mores Cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly gooey. Full of chocolate, marshmallow, and graham crackers, these will have you reminiscing about summer campfires with every bite.
Table Of Contents
- S’mores Cookies Details
- What you’ll need
- How to Make S’mores Cookies
- Tips for making the BEST S’mores cookies
- Can you use regular sized marshmallows?
- How to avoid a marshmallow blowout
- How to Store them
- Can you freeze s’mores cookie dough?
- More amazing cookie recipes to try!
- Full Recipe Instructions
S’mores Cookies Details
- Taste: This cookie is everything you love about a classic s’more but in the form of a sift and chewy cookie!
- Texture: These cookies are soft and tender with gooey melted marshmallows and Hershey’s chocolate with crunchy pieces of graham crackers.
- Time: Just like any cookie, these come together quickly! The only part that takes extra time is adding extra chocolate on top.
- Ease: This cookie recipe is super easy to whip up. It’s a perfect baking project with kids.
What you’ll need
- Wet ingredients- Unsalted butter (softened), Granulated sugar, Golden brown sugar, Egg, Egg yolk, and Vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients- All-purpose flour, Baking soda, and Salt
- S’mores ingredients- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, Mini marshmallows, Hershey’s chocolate bars (chopped), and Graham crackers (crushed)
How to Make S’mores Cookies
- Cream the butter and sugars. In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Cream them together with an electric hand mixer, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Now add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract, and mix at high speed for about a minute.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Place a a fine-mesh sieve over the mixing bowl and add the all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled off), baking soda, and salt. Sift the dry ingredients in and then mix at low speed with the hand mixer to avoid flour flying everywhere.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Finally, add the chocolate chips, chopped Hershey’s bars, mini marshmallows, and crushed graham crackers.
- Mix and scoop. Mix everything together with a spatula and then scoop the cookie dough out with a medium-sized cookie scoop.
- Bake. Place the cookie dough balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 9 minutes. Allow to cool.
Tips for making the BEST S’mores cookies
- Spoon and level off the flour– You don’t want these cookies to be too dry, so spoon your flour into the measuring cup and level it off to get the exact amount without extra packed in.
- Sift the dry ingredients- Again, you don’t want dryness in these s’mores cookies, so use a fine-mesh sieve to sift in the dry ingredients and avoid clumps in your dough.
- Make them look prettier- Add extra chunks of Hershey’s chocolate, crushed graham crackers, and mini marshmallows on top before baking these cookies so they look even better.
- Let them cool. They will be very soft when they come out of the oven so let them cook and firm up a little before serving them, so they don’t fall apart.
Can you use regular sized marshmallows?
Yes, you can. If you don’t have any mini marshmallows, then you can use the larger-sized ones. Just cut or tear them into smaller pieces so they fit in the cookie and won’t bubble over.
How to avoid a marshmallow blowout
If your s’mores cookies do have a marshmallow blowout, just push the edges back with a knife or spatula as soon as they come out of the oven. You can also reshape them with a circle-shaped cookie cutter.
As a precaution, you might want to keep your marshmallows near the center of the cookie ball. To do that, just mix and scoop your cookie dough balls, and then make a small dent in the center and add the mini marshmallows then. Either way is fine.
How to Store them
These chewy S’mores cookies will last for up to 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for 2-3 months in a freezer ziplock bag.
Can you freeze s’mores cookie dough?
Yes, you can freeze this cookie dough. Place your cookie dough balls on a baking sheet in the freezer for an hour to firm up. Then transfer the dough balls to a ziplock freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, there is no need to thaw them. Just bake them straight from the freezer.
More amazing cookie recipes to try!
- Cookies And Cream Cookies
- Chewy Nutella Cookies
- Easy Cream Cheese Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies (VIDEO)
Full Recipe Instructions
- Add 1 cup unsalted softened butter into a large mixing bowl along with 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1 cup golden brown sugar. Use an electric hand mixer to mix the butter and sugar together until it’s creamed together. This should take about 2-3 minutes
- Next, add 1 large egg, 1 egg yolk, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix again at high speed for about 1 minute.
- Now place a fine-mesh sieve over the mixing bowl and add in 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled off), 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. Sift the dry ingredients in, then mix again with the hand mixer. You will need to mix at low speed so the flour doesn’t go flying everywhere.
- Mix everything together using a spatula. Then scoop out the cookie dough using a medium-sized cookie scoop. Place the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 9 minutes. TIP: to make the cookies look prettier you can add extra chunks of Hershey’s chocolate, crushed graham crackers, and mini marshmallows on top before baking.
- How to store these cookies
- How to freeze them
- How to make them with regular marshmallows