These Cookies and Cream Cookies are soft and chewy with delectable white chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. Butter and cream cheese give them plenty of richness, so be prepared with a glass of cold milk for these goodies.
Table Of Contents
Super Soft Cookies and Cream Cookies
These Cookies and Cream Cookies have all the sweet chewiness that you could want in a cookie. Big chunks of Oreo and white chocolate chips along with butter, brown sugar, and cream cheese, this tasty treat is totally addictive! And it’s really easy to make. This recipe can be made ahead as well, so you can bring them out with a moment’s notice. Whether you’re making cookies for friends or just as a dessert at home, these amazingly delicious Cookies and Cream cookies are going to wow everyone.
What you’ll need
- Wet ingredients- Unsalted butter, Cream cheese, Granulated sugar, Golden brown sugar, Eggs, and Vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients- All-purpose flour, Baking soda, and Salt
- White chocolate chips- some for the dough and some for topping
- Oreos- chopped Oreo cookies.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Cookies
This is a quick rundown on how to make these cookies. For the full detailed recipe, scroll down to the printable recipe card.
- Cream together the butter, cream cheese, and sugars. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together using an electric hand mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Now add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the mixture. Mix again on medium speed until well combined.
- Sift in the dry ingredients. Place a fine-mesh sifter over the mixing bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients in really well. Then add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and the chopped Oreos. Mix until combined.
- Scoop out the cookie dough. Scoop out mounds of cookie dough and place the rounded balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (don’t forget the extra chocolate chips for topping).
- Bake. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies on the center rack (in batches) for about 8-10 minutes. Allow them to cool a little before transferring to a cooling rack.
Tips for making the best Cookies and Cream Cookies
- Soften the butter before mixing it in- Make sure the butter has reached about room temperature before adding it to the dough mixture. This will give the cookies the right consistency and avoid chunks of cold butter that will melt during baking.
- Chop the Oreos on the large side- When you chop up the Oreos for this recipe, don’t let the pieces get too small because the cookie crumbs will cause your dough to turn grayish. Keep them a little larger for better looking and tasting cookies.
- Use full-fat cream cheese- If you are using whipped cream cheese or lower-fat types, the consistency of the cookies will change. Full-fat cream cheese will ensure thick, rich, and soft cookies in the end.
- Bake one batch at a time- Baking one pan of cookies at a time on the center rack gives you the most even cooking. Your cookies will be fully baked faster, so they stay moist and chewy. If you have more than one pan of cookie dough balls, just do it in batches.
Variations to try
These cookies and cream cookies are really yummy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try some variations! Here are a few ideas:
- Different Oreo flavors- Oreo makes tons of flavors now, so substitute the peanut butter, birthday cake, or mint flavors for the regular chocolate ones. There are dozens to choose from.
- Change the chocolate chips- Like the Oreos, there are plenty of chocolate chip varieties to enjoy. If white chocolate isn’t your favorite, try dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, peanut butter, or others.
- Add some cornstarch- A little cornstarch can help the cookies get even thicker and softer. So if you like your cookie a little puffier, then try this.
- Chill the dough for a sturdier cookie- Again, if you like a rounder, sturdier cookie, chilling the dough for an hour before baking will keep them from flattening and spreading in the oven.
How to Store these cookies
To store these Cookies and Cream cookies, place them in an airtight container or ziplock bag. They will stay fresh at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. If you want to freeze them, they will last for up to 3 months.
Can these cookies be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make these ahead of time either in the fridge or the freezer. In the refrigerator, the covered cookie dough will last for up to 4 days. Allow it to come to room temperature before scooping and baking. In the freezer, you can place the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet until frozen. Then put the balls in a freezer ziplock bag and store for up to 3 months. Bake straight from the freezer when ready.
More decadent cookie recipes!
- Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Chewy M&M Cookies
- Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies (VIDEO)
- Monster Cookies
- Oreo cake balls
Full Recipe Instructions
Cookies And Cream Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ￼
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled off with a knife
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1 1/2 cup Oreos chopped (about 12 Oreos)
- Use an electric hand mixer to cream everything together.
- Now add 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix again on medium speed until well combined.
- Then place a fine-mesh sieve over the mixing bowl and sift in 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients really well. Then add 1 cup white chocolate chips + extra for topping the cookies. You’ll also add 1 1/2 cup chopped Oreos, (about 12 whole Oreos).
- Scoop out mounds of the cookie dough and place them in a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the cookies on the center rack (in batches) for about 8-10 minutes.