These rich and chewy Nutella cookies have the most incredible texture and intense Nutella flavor. They are so perfect for parties and potlucks.
If you love Nutella desserts as much as we do, be sure to try our quick Nutella brownies and Nutella baklava recipe!
Table Of Contents
Why these Nutella Cookies are so good
- Easy to make– you really don’t need any skills to make these delicious cookies.
- Amazing texture– The crispy exterior and chewy interior make them extra delicious!
- Only 6 ingredients– If you have Nutella at home, you probably have all the other ingredients as well.
- Nutella– need I say more?? What’s not to love? These cookies have an intense Nutella flavor!
There are 6 basic things you need to make these chewy chocolate cookies.
- For the dry ingredients, you’ll need flour, and baking powder, Baking soda, and salt for flavor.
- For the wet ingredients, all you need is an egg and lots of Nutella.
How to Make Nutella Cookies
This is a quick breakdown of how to make these cookies. For the full detailed recipe, scroll down to the printable recipe card.
- In a large bowl, add the Nutella hazelnut spread, along with the eggs. Then mix it together with an electric hand mixer. You can also use a whisk as well.
- Now sift the flour, baking soda, and salt right into the Nutella mixture. Then mix again.
- Once the Nutella cookie dough is well combined, scoop out the dough using a medium-sized cookie scoop. Then place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake the cookies in the oven as instructed in the recipe card below.
Note: the cookie dough will seem dry and crumbly at first. Once you press a piece of the cookie dough into your hand, it will mend together perfectly.
Can you make Nutella cookies ahead of time?
Yes! You can most definitely make this Nutella cookie recipe in advance. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container for optimal freshness and taste.
How long do they keep?
Once the cookies are baked, let them cool completely and store them in a container or jar that is airtight. This will ensure that the cookies don’t develop a stale taste. Keep them in there for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze the cookie dough?
Sure thing! I find that freezing the dough after it’s been shaped into balls is the best and easiest way to freeze the Nutella cookie dough. Just make sure to place the frozen dough balls into a ziplock freezer bag for no more than 2 months.
If while working on this dough you have the urge to eat it, then you have to try my edible cookie dough!
How to bake the frozen cookie dough
Place the raw frozen Nutella cookies onto a prepared baking sheet and let them thaw for about 20 minutes. Then bake at the same instructed temperature. If you don’t have time to thaw the cookies, just bake at the same temperature, but give them a few more minutes in the oven.
Flavor variations and add-ins
Because there are very few ingredients in this cookie recipe, you can get very creative with what you add to it. You can add anything from nuts, chocolate chips, sea salt, or even sandwich two cookies between some vanilla ice cream as an ice cream sandwich!
More Nutella Recipes!
- Brioche with swirls of Nutella
- Nutella wontons
- Fudgey Nutella Cake
- Nutella Croissants- from scratch!
- No-bake Nutella Fudge
Full Recipe Instructions
Chewy Nutella Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl combine 1 3/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, 1 egg, and 1 egg yolk. Now mix that all together with an electric hand mixer until well combined. You can also use a whisk as well.
- Now sift in 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, along with 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix everything together until the dough is well combined.
- Once the Nutella cookie dough is combined, scoop out mounds of the dough using a cookie scoop. The dough may seem dry and crumbly at first. Once you take out the dough into your hands, it will take shape as you roll it into a ball.
- Now place the Nutella cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-9 minutes.
- You can add anything from nuts, chocolate chips, sea salt, or even sandwich two cookies between some ice cream as an ice cream sandwich!
This recipe was originally published on Aug 28, 2019, it has been updated since then.
- Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe (VIDEO) - June 7, 2023
- Tropical Smoothie - June 5, 2023
- Cherry Cobbler - June 3, 2023
Can these be baked and then frozen?
Hi Wendy, yes! These cookies freeze really well after baking.
Love to make this kind of cookies, my granddaughter love them, thank you for the recipe
You are very welcome Fran! 🙂 Happy to hear your granddaughter loves these cookies! Thank you for your feedback and support! 🙂
Making these tomorrow, can’t wait. I know they will be a hit. In the instructions it says baking powder twice. One should say baking soda. I went back to the ingredients list and confirmed it was baking soda for the second mention. Just a heads up.
I hope these make it to the group I am serving Saturday. I know I am going to have a hard time resisting!
Hi Patty 🙂 Thank you so much for catching that! I have already fixed it! 🙂 I hope everyone loves these Nutella cookies! Let me know how they go! 🙂
I have not tried this recipe yet, but would like to. Do you think I can use a gluten-free flour?
Hi Judith 🙂 I have not tried making these Nutella cookies with gluten free flour so I am not sure how it will turn out. If you give it a try let me know how it goes! 🙂
Can you replace the Nutella for a Cadbury chocolate spread ?
Hi Carla 🙂 I am not sure how that would turn out since I have not tried using that substitute. Different consistencies and ingredients can change up the final results so really hard to say for certain. If you give it a try please let me know how it goes 🙂
can i bake it in the microwave
Hi Kallia 🙂 No, you can’t bake these Nutella cookies in the microwave. I would not recommend baking any cookies in the microwave 🙂 If you have any other questions please let me know and I hope you get a chance to make these cookies 🙂