These rich and chewy Nutella cookies only have 5 ingredients and they’re so easy to make! This recipe will become a crowd-pleaser at any event.
These delicious and easy cookies are insanely quick to whip up. And you only need 5 ingredients that you more likely already have on hand. They have a thin chewy texture that is just so irresistible!
Ingredients for Nutella cookies
There are 5 basic things you need to make these amazing chocolate cookies.
- For the dry ingredients, you’ll need flour, blanched almond meal, and baking powder.
- For the wet ingredients, all you need is an egg and lots of Nutella.
How to Make Nutella Cookies
- In a large bowl, add the Nutella hazelnut spread, the almond flour, AP flour, baking powder, and the egg.
- You can either mix it together with a whisk, but I find that an electric hand mixer does a fabulous job.
- Once the Nutella cookie dough is well combined, scoop out the dough using a medium-sized cookie scoop. Then place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake the cookies in the oven as instructed in the recipe card below.
What is Nutella?
Nutella is a rich hazelnut flavored spread that can be very versatile when serving. The creamy chocolatey flavor goes well with just about any dessert. You can spread it on toast, or add it to pastries and dip fruit into it. And the ultimate way to enjoy it is by the spoonful!
Can you make Nutella cookie ahead of time?
Yes! You can most definitely make this Nutella cookie recipe in advance. Just make sure to keep them in an airtight container for optimal freshness and taste.
How long do Nutella Cookies keep?
Once the cookies are baked, let them cool completely and store them in a container or jar that is airtight. This will ensure that the cookies don’t develop a stale taste. Keep them in there for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze the cookie dough?
Sure thing! I find that freezing the dough after it’s been shaped into balls is the best and easiest way to freeze the Nutella cookie dough. Just make sure to place the frozen dough balls into a freezer bag for no more than 2 months.
How to bake the frozen cookie dough
Place the raw frozen Nutella cookies onto a prepared baking sheet then bake at the same instructed temperature. Just give the cookies a few extra minutes in the oven.
What else can I add to these Nutella cookies?
- Because there are very few ingredients in this cookie recipe, you can get very creative with what you add to it.
- You can add anything from nuts, chocolate chips, sea salt, or even sandwich two cookies between some ice cream as an ice cream sandwich!
More Nutella Recipes!!
- Nutella Baklava
- Brioche with swirls of Nutella
- Nutella wontons
- Fudgey Nutella Cake
- Nutella Croissants- from scratch!
- Fudgey Nutella brownies
- In a large bowl combine 1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread, 1/4 cup flour, 3 tablespoons almond flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 egg.
- Once the Nutella cookies dough is combined, scoop out mounds of the dough using a cookie scoop.
- Now round the cookie dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Then you want to slightly flatten them out using your hand or the bottom of a cup. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes.