This Quick Edible Cookie Dough is so addictively tasty. If you love the flavors of chocolate chip cookie dough but want a safe-to-eat version, then this recipe is for you!
Edible cookie dough
I don’t know about you, but when I’m making cookies, that dough sure looks tempting. There’s something about its buttery sweetness and chewy texture that make cookie dough so popular. But despite its great taste, no one wants to get sick. So, enter this recipe for quick edible cookie dough. This dough can be eaten uncooked because all the ingredients are perfectly safe and edible. It’s also really easy and fast to make, so if you’re getting a craving, this edible cookie dough recipe has you covered.
How to make edible cookie dough that is safe to eat
- Heat-treat the flour. Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
- Mix the other ingredients. In a large bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and milk. Whisk everything together well.
- Add the flour. Fold the flour into the other ingredients. If it’s too dry for you, then you can add a little more milk.
- Add the chocolate chips. Now add in the chocolate chips, folding them in until well incorporated. Enjoy right away or chilled.
Can I skip heat-treating the flour?
Skipping the heat-treating is not recommended. Raw flour contains bacteria and without the heat treatment, your cookie dough won’t be safe to eat.
- Add peanut butter- Crunchy or creamy tastes great in this edible cookie dough.
- Add M&Ms- If you love candy in your cookies, give this a try for a very chocolaty cookie dough.
- Make it fall festive- Add some pumpkin spice to get that tasty fall flavor.
- Add your favorite syrups- Caramel, chocolate, raspberry… whatever you like.
Can I bake the leftovers?
No, you can’t bake edible cookie dough. This recipe is made with certain ingredients to be enjoyed uncooked. Cooking this dough will not result in very good cookies.
How long will edible cookie dough keep?
This quick edible cookie dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to one month. Just place it in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
Does it freeze well?
Yes, this cookie dough freezes well. In an airtight container or ziplock bag, you can keep your edible dough in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More cookie recipes
- Monster Cookies
- Chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies (VIDEO)
- Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Edible Cookie Dough
- Spread 1 cup of all-purpose flour into a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
- Once that’s whisked together fold in 1 cup of the heat-treated flour into the batter using a spatula. Depending on the consistency you want, you may need to add a little more milk.
- Then fold in 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips until well incorporated. Enjoy right away or chilled.
- This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Just place it in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- You can freeze is for up to 6 months,