Quick and easy stovetop candied pecans are the perfect sweet and crunchy snack. Top them over your favorite salad, or even gift them for the holidays.
Candied Pecans Recipe
Candied Pecans are simply the best salad topper ever invented! This easy recipe only requires 3 simple ingredients that you more likely already have at home. The brown sugar and butter caramelized around each pecan coating them in sweet crunchy deliciousness.
Candied pecans for salad
This sweet homemade snack can be eaten on its own or topped on your favorite salad. Here are a few of our favorite salads to serve with these candied pecans recipe.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- pomegranate spinach salad
- Quinoa salad
- Easy Pecan praline
- Or serve it over vanilla ice cream!
What ingredients do I need for this recipe?
There are many variations in making these pecans. This candied pecan recipe is simple. All you need is unsalted butter, golden brown sugar, and of course pecan halves.
How to make candied pecans
- Take our a medium-sized saucepan, and add the pecans, butter, and golden brown sugar inside.
- Bring the heat to medium and allow the butter to melt. When the brown sugar begins to dissolve and caramelized, take it off the heat. I like to lay the pecans flat on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
How to store them
For best taste and freshness store these tasty snacks in an airtight container. This can be anything like a glass mason jar or a vacuum-sealed plastic container. A ziplock bag won’t work as well here.
How long do they last
Homemade candied pecans can last up to 2-3 weeks if stored properly. To prolong their shelve life, you can even freeze them.
Can I freeze them?
Yes! Although they can last up to 3 weeks sat room temperate, if you place them in an airtight container you can keep them in the freezer for over 18 months!
- Place 2 this unsalted butter, 2 tbsp golden brown sugar, and 1 cup of pecans into a medium saucepan.
- Bring the heat to medium and stir all the ingredients together.
- Once you see the sugar begin to dissolve and bubble, remove it from the heat. This should take a few minutes.