My Simple Chicken Puff Pastry Roll is going to become a new favorite meal for your family. Hints of dill bring out the brightness of this easy meal using a puff pastry base.
If you like copycat recipes, then you will love knowing How to Make Chicken Nuggets with Ground Chicken and Quinoa!
This recipe was originally posted March 18, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chicken Puff Pastry Roll
When using puff pastry, the first thought that usually comes to mind is dessert, but in this case, it’s more like a chicken pastry. This chicken roll is stuffed with fresh dill, rice noodles, chicken and sautéed onions. It’s literally like a whole meal in one delicious roll. This recipe was inspired by Gordon Ramsay’s beef wellington but I gave it a little twist of my own.
Ingredients for Chicken Puff Pastry
How to Make Chicken Puff Pastry Roll
Prepare vegetables and ground chicken by cooking prior to stuffing the puff pastry. While cooking ingredients, hydrate your rice noodles then strain and prepare to mix with other ingredients prior to spreading the mixture over puff pastry. You will follow the directions in the printable recipe below for rolling and baking the roll prior to serving.
More Ground Chicken Recipes
This chicken puff pastry roll is a unique and delicious recipe that is ideal for satisfying a craving for a savory pastry dish. I love using ground chicken in my recipes and know you will as well. It’s so much healthier than other ground meats! Below are some of my favorite ground chicken recipes for you to try.
- Chicken Meatball Soup
- Paleo Zucchini Fritters with Ground Chicken
- Chicken Croquettes Stuffed with Mozzarella
- Ground Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Simple Chicken Puff Pastry Roll
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute the chopped onion and minced garlic over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the ground chicken, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the sauteed onion. The red pepper flakes are optional and ground chicken can be substituted with other ground meats.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, remove the excess liquid from the skillet.
- Meanwhile, fill a bowl with boiling water and submerge 1/3 of the rice noodles for about 20 minutes.
- Once the noodles have softened a cooked in the hot water, strain out any extra water with a mesh colander and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked ground chicken, mayonnaise, and chopped hard-boiled egg.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry in one direction so it stretches to about 12 inches.
- Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture onto each puff pastry sheet and add a thin layer of rice noodles.
- Roll up the dough longways and transfer over to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Pinch the ends so that the filling won't spill out.
- Using a sharp knife, make about 8 slits along the top of the roll. Beat the egg and water together and brush the egg wash onto each roll with a party brush.
- Bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream.