This thick, fluffy, and buttery brioche French toast is the ultimate way to enjoy a stack of homemade french toast. And the best part, it’s so easy to make!
Brioche French toast
This Brioche French Toast recipe is simply the best way to enjoy french toast! Brioche bread has such a unique flavor and texture making it downright delicious in french toast.
Ingredients for this french toast
- Dry ingredients: Stale Brioche bread, sugar, cinnamon and salt (for flavor)
- Wet ingredients: Milk, eggs, vanilla extract, butter (for frying)
What is the best bread for french toast
We believe that brioche bread is the absolute BEST bread to use for any french toast recipe because of its rich buttery texture. Brioche also has a slight sweetness to it. So unlike other breads used in French toast, it makes the over breakfast a sweet fluffy delight.
How to make brioche french toast
- Start off by whisking the eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. You can use a whisk or hand mixer here.
- Now dip the sliced bread (1-inch thick) into the french toast custard. You don’t want to soak it unless your bread is very stale.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until melted and place your dipped toast into the pan. Brown both sides until golden in color. Serve warm.
How to stale bread for french toast
Generally, you want your bread to be slightly stale when making french toast. If your bread is too fresh it will get really soggy after you dip it into the custard. So in order to get it to be stale, place the sliced brioche bread on a baking sheet in the oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes.
French toast toppings
Some of our favorite toppings are fresh berries, chantilly cream, maple syrup, whipped cream, or even chocolate hazelnut spread like Nutella.
What to serve with French toast
This brioche french toast is delicious on its own but if you want to serve it with some savory breakfast foods here’s what you can add to your meal:
- Bacon and eggs
- Poached eggs
- Bacon Mushroom Omelette
- Croissant breakfast sandwich
- Spinach mushroom frittata
- eggs benedict
- Braided Nutella Brioche
- Fluffy Brioche loaf
- Brioche hot cross buns
- Bread pudding with vanilla rum sauce
- Brioche buns
Brioche French Toast
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/4 cups milk, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 pinch of salt. You can use a whisk or a hand mixer for this step.
- Now slice up your brioche bread into 1 inch thick slices and dip both sides into the egg mixture. If your brioche bread is fresh, don’t dip for long. Just dip in and out really fast.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat. Then fry your dredged brioche slices on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the brioche French toast with some whipped cream, berries, maple syrup, or Chantilly cream.