Bonefish Grill copycat Bang Bang shrimp with a healthier grilled twist. It’s creamy, sweet, spicy, and slightly smokey from the grill, YUM!
Bonefish Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe
Bonefish Grill bang bang shrimp is famous for their delicious shrimp appetizer. Its a combination of fried shrimp dressed in a spicy-sweet sauce and served on a bed of lettuce. There are many ways of serving it whether you want to make into a shrimp pasta or just serve it with a simple salad.
Ingredients for bang bang shrimp recipe
- Shrimp: You’ll want to sue large raw shrimp that have been peeled and deveined. and make sure to season them with some salt and pepper for more flavor.
- Onion: Green onion is a must here. Do not substitute it with anything else.
- Sauce: For this grilled shrimp, you’ll need Greek yogurt and mayonnaise as the base along with sweet chili sauce and sriracha.
How to make Bang Bang Shrimp
- Grilled your seasoned shrimp on a greased grill on medium heat until the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Make your sauce by combining all the shrimp sauce ingredients in a bowl as instructed in the recipe card below.
- Then take the shrimp off of the skewers and throw them into the bowl of the sauce. Serve immediately.
The sauce is what makes this bonefish bang bang shrimp recipe so delicious! You can either lighten it up by substituting the extra mayonnaise with some greek yogurt or make it with only mayo. That’s all up to you. Here are the basic ingredients for the shrimp sauce.
Can I make this in advance?
Yes! Prepare your shrimp on the skewers and keep them covered in the fridge until ready to cook. You can also make the sauce in advance too. Depending on how soon you plan to serve the shrimp, you might want to place the shrimp sauce in the fridge until ready to serve.
What to serve with Bang Bang shrimp
- Make into a bang-bang shrimp pasta by serving it with cooked spaghetti
- Serve it over hot cooked rice
- In a simple salad with the shrimp sauce as the dressing
- Or just on a bed of lettuce as they serve it at Bonefish Grill.
Watch how to make it here:
More shrimp recipes:
Grilled Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 . Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 . Place the shrimp on skewers and grill on medium-high heat for 2-3 mins on each side or until pink and opaque.
- 3 . In a bowl combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce, 1 tsp sriracha, and 2 bunches of chopped green onion.
- 4 . Once the shrimp are done, pull them off the skewers and place them into the bang bang shrimp sauce. Toss to combine. Serve over chopped iceberg lettuce.