This is by far the easiest spaghetti and meat sauce recipe you’ll ever come by. The saucy spaghetti is so delicious you’ll like the bowl clean!
How to make spaghetti and meat sauce
- Sautee the chopped onion in a large pan along with the chicken, salt, and pepper.
- When the chicken has fully cooked, pour in your favorite pasta sauce and bring it to a simmer.
- Then add your cooked pasta and stir to combine.
Can I make this pasta recipe in advance?
Ultimately, yes you can. This pasta recipe reheats REALLY well. Here are two options for making it in advance.
- Reheat method: Whether you pop it in the microwave or reheat in on the stovetop, it wills till taste just as great
- Make-ahead method: You can make this recipe up till the chicken is cooked and the spaghetti sauce has simmered. So whenever you are ready to serve it, just reheat the meat sauce on the stovetop and add your freshly cooked pasta.
- Crockpot spaghetti and meat sauce: You can easily leave all the ingredients in a crockpot and come back to it later. View instructions on how to make this in a crockpot below.
Ingredients for this spaghetti recipe
- The meat: Most people use ground beef in meat sauce, but this recipe calls for ground chicken thighs. It’s lighter and tastier in my opinion.
- The Sauce: This is where you can make this recipe faster or longer. I like to buy spaghetti sauce from the store and sautee it with onion and spices.
- Pasta: Typically you will use spaghetti pasta but you could honestly use whatever you have on hand.
Side dishes for spaghetti and meat sauce
Like any pasta dish, a salad and breadsticks is a great serving option. Here are some things you can serve spaghetti and meat sauce with:
- Italian antipasto salad
- Caprese salad
- Spinach salad
- Garlic cheese-stuffed bread
- Homemade breadsticks
Crockpot spaghetti and meat sauce
If you prefer to make this recipe in a crockpot here is how to do it.
- In a skillet, cook the onions and chicken in hot olive oil until the meat is cooked through.
- Now add the ground chicken to a crockpot along with the sauce and spices.
- Cook the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot for about 6 hours on low. Then serve it over hot pasta.
What to do with leftover spaghetti and meat sauce
Here are some ways you can turn your leftovers into another amazing dish!
- Place it in a casserole dish and sprinkle some mozzarella on top and bake it in the oven.
- Make a lasagna out of it but sprinkling cheese between layers of the spaghetti and baking it.
- Turn it into a pie by compacting it into a pie dish and reheating it in the oven with cheese on top.
More amazing pasta recipes to try!
- Garlic zucchini pasta
- Olive garden chicken scampi pasta
- Creamy chicken and mushroom rigatoni
- Cajun Chicken alfredo
Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil then sauté 1/2 cup of chopped onion until it becomes translucent.
- Now add 1 pound of ground chicken thighs, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black Pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Then add 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce and Let is come to a simmer.
- Then cook your pasta al dente and add it to the meat sauce. Stir well and serve warm.