This easy taco salad recipe is packed with flavor and super easy to whip up. They are also a low-carb and high protein meal that is perfect for meal prepping!
How to make taco salad
- Since this taco salad bowl recipe comes together so fast, you’ll want to chop your toppings ahead of time and set them aside.
- I like to cook my ground beef in a cast iron skillet because it helps bring out so many flavors. Once you’ve got your spices mixed in, remove the taco meat from the burner.
- Now build your taco bowl with the meat, shredded Darigold cheese, lettuce, and your choice of toppings. Then lastly, add your Darigold sour cream. Most people just dollop it on, but I like to place my sour cream into a pastry bag and drizzle it on top for an easy and quick kitchen hack.
Ingredients for taco salad bowls
- Ground beef is a must, but you can swap it for chicken as well.
- spices– you can also buy a pre-made mix if you’d like.
- Toppings– this is all optional since people like their taco bowls more or less spicy.
- Sour cream
- queso fresco
- guacamole or avocado
- pico de gallo
- corn salsa
- shredded cheese
- red onion
- salsa verde
Different types of meat for a taco salad bowl
- beef, grounded
- grilled flank steak
- shredded chicken (thighs or breast)
- grilled chicken
- Pork (usually shredded)
- shrimp, grilled or pan seared
Watch How to make taco bowls here:
heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 minced garlic clove to the skillet and stir until it becomes fragrant (about 1 minute)
Now turn the heat up to medium high and add 1 lb of ground beef in. Using a wooden spoon break up the beef and stir it until fully cooked.
- Then add 1 tbsp Chili powder, 1/2 tsp Paprika, 1 1/2 tsp Cumin, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Now mix all the ingredients together for another few minutes.
- Begin making the taco bowl by shredding up some medium cheddar cheese, The shredded iceberg lettuce, and the cooked ground beef. Now too it with Some sliced avocado, Jalapeño, salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.