This white chocolate creme brulee has a sweet luxurious custard topped with a caramelized sugar crust. It’s a decadent dessert that’s surprisingly easy to make.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here. This recipe was originally posted on Feb 25, 2015, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.
Creme brulees are one of my favorite desserts because of their contrasting textures and flavors. They have a sweet luxurious custard topped with a crunchy sugar crust. They’re also fairly easy to prepare and make an excellent party dessert.
If you enjoy cold CREAMY desserts, you might enjoy these desserts as well.
- pumpkin creme brulee
- chocolate raspberry mousse cake
- vanilla custard fruit tarts
- creamy chocolate mousse
How to make white chocolate creme brulee
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and set aside. Then add the heavy cream to a saucepan and bring it to a simmer, then add the white chocolate chips and let them melt.
- Now slowly pour the hot heavy cream to the eggs while whisking constantly.
- Next, you’ll want to place all the ramekins into a deep baking dish and fill it with boiling water (enough to fill about 1 inch of the dish).
- Then pour the creme brulee custard into each ramekin and carefully transfer to the oven. Bake the white chocolate creme brulee for 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Let them cool completely then refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for 4 hours.
Creme brulee torch
- Sprinkle a spoonful of sugar onto each cold creme brulee and begin caramelizing the sugar in a circular motion using a creme brulee torch until the sugar is golden brown and caramelized.
- The key to success here is by constantly moving the creme brulee torch. If you keep the torch in one place, the sugar will burn.
Creme brulee without torch
- If you don’t have a creme brulee torch, you can caramelize the sugar by putting the creme brulees on broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Ingredients for cream brulee
- 10 egg yolks
- granulated sugar
- heavy cream
- white chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
Tips to make creme brulee
How long can creme brulees be refrigerated for?
- Creme brulees can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before adding the sugar topping. Don’t refrigerate after caramelizing because it will cause the crust to soften.
Can I freeze creme brulee?
- Yes, you can! Wrap each creme brulee tightly in foil and keep frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, thaw for about 20 minutes, then add the sugar and caramelize it with a creme brulee torch,
Rich, smooth, and creamy creme brulee with subtle hints of white chocolate. An easy and decadent dessert.
- 10 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar plus a little for topping
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and sugar just until blended.
- Heat the heavy cream and white chocolate chips in a sauce pan over medium heat making sure to stir constantly. Once the cream starts to come to a slight simmer, turn off the burner. Remove the sauce pan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the egg mixture. Then, using a mesh strainer pour the mixture into a large measuring cup.
- Place the ramekins (crème brûlée dishes) into a deep flat baking dish, and pour the custard into 10-11 (4oz) ramekins.
- Fill the baking dish with hot water so it reaches half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 25-30 min or until the custard has set but still moves a little when shaken. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let them cool down to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle a small handful of sugar on top of each crème brûlée and shake to distribute the sugar evenly. Using a chefs-torch or cooking torch caramelize the sugar. When heating the sugar make sure to keep the flame constantly moving in circular motions until all the sugar has melted and browned. If you don't have a cooking torch, you can caramelize the the sugar by putting the Crème brûlées on broil in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
Crème brûlées can be refrigerated for up to 8 hours before adding the sugar topping. Don't refrigerate after caramelizing because it will cause the crust to soften.