This Easy Peach Cobbler recipe will become your favorite summer dessert. Juicy peaches topped with a buttermilk biscuit topping and baked to perfection!
While succulent summer peaches are in season, make sure to take advantage and make this delicious peach crisp or elegant peach galette recipe.
Table Of Contents
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe Details
This Easy Peach Cobbler recipe is the perfect summer treat. Simple, delicious, and easy to prepare, it’s perfect for family dinners, picnics, and barbecues.
- TASTE: The sweet syrupy peaches are bursting with the flavor of summer!
- TEXTURE: The soft baked peaches go perfectly with crumbly biscuit topping.
- TIME: This is one of the quickest baked desserts you will ever make.
- EASE: This easy summer dessert is so simple even kids can help make it.
What You’ll Need
- For the peach filling- Peaches, Brown sugar, Salt, Cornstarch, Vanilla extract, and Almond extract
- For the biscuit topping- All-purpose flour, Baking powder, Salt, Granulated sugar, Unsalted butter, Buttermilk, and Coarse sugar (for topping)
How to Make Easy Peach Cobbler
- Prep the peaches. Peel and slice the peaches, then place them in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients. Now add the golden brown sugar, salt, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and almond extract, and mix it all together. Pour it into a 9-inch pie dish and bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Mix the topping ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Then add the cubed unsalted butter and break it up with your hands or a pastry cutter.
- Add the buttermilk. Now pour in the buttermilk and mix it with a wooden spoon.
Pro Tip: Use cold butter so that as it is mixed with the other ingredients, little chunks remain. This gives this Peach Cobbler recipe its rich buttery topping.
- Scoop the topping on. Using a cookie scoop, dollop scoops of the dough on top of the baked peaches.
- Bake. Brush the cobbler dough with melted butter and sprinkle it with coarse sugar. Bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm.
- Use fresh peaches if possible- Fresh has the best flavor and texture, and they are in season and plentiful in summer. But if you have none, then you can also use frozen or canned (drained).
- Peel the peaches for smoother texture- If you prefer not to chew on the peach skin, then make sure to peel them before slicing and baking. But this is a personal preference and either way works.
- Don’t skip the cornstarch- This ingredient is what thickens the peach filling to give it that syrupy consistency. Without it, your peach cobbler will be runny and get soggy.
- Leave chunks of butter in the dough- Mixing in the cubed butter should leave pieces so it doesn’t completely melt in during baking. This gives the biscuit topping its fluffy texture and buttery taste.
Add-ins and Substitutions
- Use frozen peaches- If you don’t have fresh, then you can use frozen as well. Just let them thaw and then drain them prior to using them for a cobbler.
- Substitute different fruits in your cobbler- Apples, cherries, blueberries, plums, pears, or any combination of your favorite fruits will work.
- Add caramel sauce- This sweet sauce will be a delicious topping that pairs well with peach cobbler.
- Substitute gluten-free flour- Make this easy Peach Cobbler recipe gluten-free by substituting wheat-free flour in a 1:1 ratio.
Any variety will work well in a peach cobbler, so choose your favorite. Just make sure to use semi-soft, ripe peaches for the right texture and sweetness.
Cobblers and pies are similar, but the main difference is that pies have a crust on the top and bottom while cobblers are just topped with a pastry dough or bisquick mix.
This sweet and easy Peach Cobbler recipe is a great dessert to serve at get-togethers because it’s so versatile. Here are few serving ideas:
- Ice cream: Serving this cobbler with ice cream is classic. Try vanilla, chocolate, or for something different, this Ube Ice Cream.
- Sauce: Caramel, chocolate, or Vanilla Rum Sauce would taste delicious on this dessert.
- Cookies: For a complementary side, add a plate of Linzer Cookies with Raspberry Jam or Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars to the dessert table.
- Whipped cream: A dollop of fresh homemade Chantilly Cream is an elegant and tasty topping.
Make This Easy Peach Cobbler in Advance
Make ahead: Unfortunately, this Easy Peach Cobbler recipe should be baked right after it is made. Otherwise, the sugar can pull out the juices from the peaches and the topping will become denser. But to save time, you can use a bisquick mix to make the topping.
Storing: A peach cobbler is best eaten immediately after baking to avoid sogginess. But you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3-5 days.
Freeze: For this Peach cobbler, you can do one of two things. You can freeze the fruit filling or the entire cobbler. To freeze the cobbler, undercook it slightly, let cool, and wrap in foil and plastic wrap. Heat in the oven until warmed through when ready. I prefer to just freeze the filling though, as this gets it as close to fresh as possible with a perfectly fluffy biscuit topping. It will last in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More Tasty Fruit Desserts!
- Blueberry Pie
- Peach Crisp
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Peach Galette
- Blueberry Pie Filling with Homemade Crepes
- Peach French Toast
Watch a video on how to make this easy Peach Cobbler!
Full Recipe Instructions
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 3-4 peaches
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- coarse sugar for topping
- Peel and slice 4 peaches then place them into a large bowl.
- Then add 1/3 cup golden brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch,1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp almond extract. Mix it all together and place into a 9-inch pie dish. Bake at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine 1 cup off all-purpose flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar, then add 1/4 cup of cubed unsalted butter.
- Beak up the butter using your hands.
- Now pour in 1/2 cup of buttermilk and mix it with a wooden spoon.
- Now using a cookie scoop, dollop scoops of the dough on top of the baked peaches.
- Brush the cobbler dough with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 370°F for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Smoked Salmon Salad - May 31, 2023
- Garlic Aioli - May 30, 2023
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
👍🏻👍🏻 This was SO a good!! I made it for my family today after church for dessert after lunch and it was so yummy!!..I used home grown peaches and served it with vanilla icecream 🙂 everyone loved it!!! Awesome recipe! Thank you!!
Thats so awesome Lena!! Thank you for taking the time to write such amazing feedback on the peach cobbler recipe 🙂
Tania Sheff says
This is just a perfect summer dessert for the whole family! Thank you!
Thank you so much, Tania! This peach cobbler is definitely a perfect summer family dessert 🙂