These creamy no-bake chocolate cheesecake bars are so rich, decadent, and ridiculously easy to make. The smooth cheesecake and oreo crust are a match made in heaven!
Super easy no-bake chocolate cheesecake bars
When it comes to making cheesecakes, we know a classic New York-style cheesecake is hard to pass up, or even a creamy pumpkin cheesecake is simply irresistible! But they can be a little finicky. That is why everyone LOVES no-bake cheesecakes! You get that sweet-tart taste and creamy texture, minus the hassle. The chocolate cheesecake bars have a perfect balance of rich chocolate flavor from the melted semisweet chocolate and dutch cocoa along with the tanginess of the cream cheese. Every bite is so scrumptiously perfect!
What you will need for these no-bake cheesecake bars
The ingredients here are pretty simple and easy to find in just about any store.
- For the crust: all you need is regular Oreos and melted butter.
- For the filling: use full-fat cream cheese and 36 % heavy cream. You will also need a little salt, sugar, vanilla extract, melted semisweet chocolate, and Dutch-processed cocoa for optimal flavor.
- Toppings: you can whip up some heavy cream and pipe it on top of each cheesecake bar and sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top too. Or a simple chocolate sauce drizzle will do!
Tips to perfect make the perfect cheesecake bars
- Use room temperature cream cheese– if you happen to forget to let it warm up. Just let it heat up in the microwave on the “soften butter” setting.
- Cold heavy cream is vital– in order to get perfect stiff peaks, you want your cream straight out of the fridge before whipping.
- Use full fat– whether it be for the cream cheese or heavy cream, the higher the fat, the better. Do not use light cream cheese. Always make sure your cream is at least 36-40 % fat.
- Do not freeze to speed up the setting process. This will result in a “too hard to bite” cheesecake.
How to make no-bake chocolate cheesecake bars
Here is a quick rundown of how to make these quick no-bake bars. For the full recipe, scroll down to the bottom of the post for details and video.
- Make the crust by combining the Oreos and melted butter in a food processor.
- Press the crust into the pan and bake it for 5 minutes in the oven just to set it.
- Make the filling by combining the cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, melted chocolate, and cocoa.
- Whip the heavy cream and mix it to the cheesecake filling. Then pour it over the crust and cill.
How long does it take for a no-bake cheesecake to set?
A cheesecake that doesn’t require any baking typically takes up to 4 hours to firm up enough to serve. It’s best to make it the night before.
Can I make them ahead of time?
Yes! It’s best to make chocolate cheesecake bars about 1 day before serving so they have enough time to set well. This is the perfect type of dessert bars that you can prepare ahead of time.
Can I freeze a no-bake cheesecake?
After your cheesecake has set in the fridge you can freeze any leftovers for later. To do so, you will need to is wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap, then foil, and keep frozen for up to 3 months.
Toppings for cheesecakes
- Homemade raspberry sauce
- Strawberry jam
- Fresh berries
- Cherry pie filling
- Chocolate ganache
- Whipped chantilly cream (or whipped cream)
- Blueberry pie filling
Watch how to make this recipe HERE
No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Make the Oreo crust
- Place 24 whole Oreos in a food processor and pulse until you get fine crumbs. Then add 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter into the food processor and pulse again until the butter is well combined.
- Line a 9x9 inch baking dish with parchment paper and press the Oreo crust into the bottom of the pan. You can use your hands or the bottom of a measuring cup in this step.
- At this point, you can either refrigerate the crust for at least 4 hours or bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes. This is just to set the crust in place. ￼
Make the cheesecake filling
- In the meantime place 2 (8ounce) bricks of softened cream cheese into a large mixing bowl along with￼ 1 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Using an electric hand mixer, beat everything together until well combined.
- Now melt 12 oz of semisweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and add it to the cheesecake batter making sure to scrape all the melted chocolate out of the. Bowl. Then add 1/4 cup of Dutch-processed cocoa powder. Give it another mix and set it aside. Be sure to use Dutched cocoa since it gives these cheesecake bars a rich chocolate flavor.
- In a separate bowl whisk 3/4 cup cold heavy cream using an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Then add it to the cream cheese mixture. Mix just until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
Pour into crust and refrigerate
- Pour the cheesecake batter right over the Oreo crust and smooth it out with a spatula. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.