When baking dessert, preparing baked goods requires a little more time. These apples are a quick 3 ingredient dessert that doesn’t require much prep time at all. All you need is some walnuts, apples, and cooked sweetened condensed milk (dulce de leche) or сгущёнка. Most Slavic households already have cooked sweetened condensed milk because its something we bake with pretty often. If you don’t have it at home, most Russian food markets have it already cooked. If you don’t have a Russian food market, just make it yourself in advance. Here’s how to make it: Remove the label of the can and place it in a heavy bottomed pot. Submerge the can with water (about 2 inches above the can). Place the pot over high heat and bring to a simmer for 2 hours. Remove it with tongs and allow it to fully cool down to room temperature before opening it. If you plan on making dulce de leche, make more than 1 can. You’ll be surprised how many amazing desserts are made with dulce de leche.
6 Fuji apples
1 (15 oz) can sweetened cooked condensed milk
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
1. Chop the walnuts. In a small bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and walnuts.
2. Remove the core of the apples, but leave a little at the bottom so the filling doesn’t leak out.
3. Line a raised baking dish with foil and place the apples inside.
4. Stuff each apple with the filling and bake for 30 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Once the apples have cooled, garnish with powdered sugar.
- 6 Fuji apples
- 1 15 oz can cooked condensed milk
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
Chop the walnuts. In a small bowl, combine the condensed milk and walnuts.
Remove the core of the apples, but leave a little at the bottom so the filling doesn't leak out.
Line a raised baking dish with foil and place the apples inside.
Stuff each apple with the filling and bake for 30 minutes at 370 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the apples have cooled, garnish with powdered sugar.