This cranberry orange bundt cake is so fluffy and moist! The bundt cake is flavored with orange zest and tart cranberries. It is then glazed in a grand mariner (orange liqueur) infused ganache. Now, how amazing does that sound?!
Serve this winter dessert with my pumpkin spice latte for the ultimate Christmas treat!
A cranberry orange bundt cake is a fabulous cake to serve for the holidays, hence the cranberries and oranges.
Do you love cooking with seasonal fruit during the holidays?
Don’t miss out on this almond pear tart, panettone, and carrot cake recipe.
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
What is a bundt cake?
A bundt cake is a cake baked in a bundt pan which has a ring shape to it. Bundt cakes can vary from chocolatey, fruits, or even savory. There is no specific recipe associated for a bundt cake.
How to make a bundt cake
- Combine the eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until they become foamy. Then add the sugar and mix again.
- add the orange zest, melted butter, and heavy cream. Then combine again.
- Then sift in the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a whisk.
- Pour the batter into a promoted bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Ingredients for bundt cake
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- heavy cream 36% fat
- orange zest
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dried cranberries
- all-purpose flour
How to remove a bundt cake
Here are 2 crucial tips to remove a bundt cake from a bundt pan without out it falling apart.
- Grease it up! – make sure you use a nonstick bundt cake pan and generously spray it with non-stick spray before you pour the cake batter in.
- Don’t flip it right away– Give the baked bundt cake about 15 minutes for it to cool and settle, then flip it onto a cooling rack in one fluid motion.
Ingredients for ganache
- Semisweet chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Grand Mariner (orange liqueur)
How to make chocolate ganache
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl (glass Pyrex bowl) and pour hot simmered heavy cream over the chocolate.
- Usually, this is all you need in a ganache, but for this cranberry orange bundt cake, we will be adding a little bit of orange liqueur into the mix next.
- Give it about a minute then stir until it becomes smooth.
Full Recipe Instructions
Orange Cranberry Bundt Cake
Ingredients for the bundt cake:
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream 36%
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Ingredients for the Ganache:
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp grand mariner
- In a large bowl combine the eggs with an electric mixer until they become foamy. Then add in the sugar and continue mixing on high speed for another minute or so.
- Now zest 2 oranges and the zest to eggs, then add the melted butter heavy cream and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Pinch of salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the eggs and gently fold it in with a whisk.
- Prepare a bundt pan by coating the inside with nonstick spray, then pour the batter in. Now sprinkle the dried cranberries on top. They will sink a little during the baking process. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- When the bundt cake is close to being done, begin working on the chocolate ganache. Add the chocolate chips into a bowl, and pour hot heavy cream over it along with the grand mariner. Let it sit for about a minute, then stir it until it becomes smooth.
- Once the cake had cooled, pour the chocolate ganache over the bundt cake.
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
- Breaded Chicken Skewers - May 24, 2023
- Mango Smoothie - May 22, 2023
This looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Thank you! My pleasure! 🙂
Thank you for sharing, i love cakes with citrus! This was very delicious! My family though said it was too dry lol
Hi Maria, I am glad you enjoyed the bundt cake and thank you for the feedback! It should be pretty moist. A big factor that determines the moisture in baked goods is the flour. Measuring flour properly can change moisture 🙂