This cranberry orange bundt cake is so fluffy and moist! The bundt cake is flavored with orange zest and tart cranberries. It is then glazed in a grand mariner (orange liqueur) infused ganache. Now, how amazing does that sound?!
Serve this winter dessert with my pumpkin spice latte for the ultimate Christmas treat!
A cranberry orange bundt cake is a fabulous cake to serve for the holidays, hence the cranberries and oranges.
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
What is a bundt cake?
A bundt cake is a cake baked in a bundt pan which has a ring shape to it. Bundt cakes can vary from chocolatey, fruits, or even savory. There is no specific recipe associated for a bundt cake.
How to make a bundt cake
- Combine the eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until they become foamy. Then add the sugar and mix again.
- add the orange zest, melted butter, and heavy cream. Then combine again.
- Then sift in the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a whisk.
- Pour the batter into a promoted bundt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Ingredients for bundt cake
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- heavy cream 36% fat
- orange zest
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dried cranberries
- all-purpose flour
How to remove a bundt cake
Here are 2 crucial tips to remove a bundt cake from a bundt pan without out it falling apart.
- Grease it up! – make sure you use a nonstick bundt cake pan and generously spray it with non-stick spray before you pour the cake batter in.
- Don’t flip it right away– Give the baked bundt cake about 15 minutes for it to cool and settle, then flip it onto a cooling rack in one fluid motion.
Ingredients for ganache
- Semisweet chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Grand Mariner (orange liqueur)
How to make chocolate ganache
- Place the semisweet chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl (glass Pyrex bowl) and pour hot simmered heavy cream over the chocolate.
- Usually, this is all you need in a ganache, but for this cranberry orange bundt cake, we will be adding a little bit of orange liqueur into the mix next.
- Give it about a minute then stir until it becomes smooth.
Fluffy, buttery, and moist bundt cake flavored with orange zest and tart cranberries, then drizzled with a grand mariner infused chocolate ganache! The ultimate holiday bundt cake recipe!
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1/2 heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp grand mariner
- In a large bowl combine the eggs with an electric mixer until they become foamy. Then add in the sugar and continue mixing on high speed for another minute or so.
- Now zest 2 oranges and the zest to eggs, then add the melted butter heavy cream and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Pinch of salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the eggs and gently fold it in with a whisk.
- Prepare a bundt pan by coating the inside with nonstick spray, then pour the batter in. Now sprinkle the dried cranberries on top. They will sink a little during the baking process. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- When the bundt cake is close to being done, begin working on the chocolate ganache. Add the chocolate chips into a bowl, and pour hot heavy cream over it along with the grand mariner. Let it sit for about a minute, then stir it until it becomes smooth.
- Once the cake had cooled, pour the chocolate ganache over the bundt cake.