This Creamy Tuscan Chicken is made with juicy chicken breasts, rich garlicky sauce, and a tasty mix of Italian seasonings. You’ll love how flavorful and easy this dish is to make.
Table Of Contents
Easy Creamy Tuscan Chicken
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken is a really easy recipe to follow that produces lots of delicious flavors. From the fresh garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the rich cream and Parmesan cheese, this dish is made with delectable ingredients along with a variety of Italian spices. Add in the juicy, seasoned chicken and the results are scrumptious. You can have it ready in half an hour and serve it in a variety of ways. This is a great recipe to have in your repertoire.
What you’ll need
- CHICKEN: you’ll use Olive oil, Chicken breast cutlets, Salt, Pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- SAUCE: In this dish, you’ll need unsalted butter, Garlic cloves, Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, Baby spinach, Chicken broth, Heavy cream, Italian seasoning, Salt, Red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese (grated).
How to Make Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Cut and season the chicken. Slice the chicken breasts in half, into thin cutlets. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook the chicken. Now add the olive oil to a cast-iron skillet and bring it to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until done, and then transfer it to a plate.
- Make the sauce. Bring the heat of the skillet down to medium and add the butter and minced garlic. Stir for about 10 seconds. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the broth, cream, and seasonings. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, salt, and red pepper flakes to the other sauce ingredients.
- Simmer and combine. Now bring the heat up to medium-high and let it come to a simmer. Then turn off the heat and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until melted, add the chicken back in, and serve.
Variations for this recipe
There are plenty of variations that you can incorporate into this tasty Tuscan Chicken recipe. Here are a few possibilities:
- Herbs and spices- Add a little more red pepper flake, or some fresh parsley, oregano, or basil.
- Vegetables and beans- Brussels sprouts, olives, or kale would be yummy. Or you could add some cannellini or navy beans for more flavor and texture.
- Make it lighter- If you want a lighter cream sauce, consider substituting Half & Half, or even the fat-free version, for the heavy cream.
- Cheese- Mozzarella, fontina, or asiago would all be flavorful substitutes for Parmesan.
How to Serve Tuscan Chicken
Creamy Tuscan Chicken is savory and uniquely flavored. You could eat it as it for a low-carb dinner option, or serve it with other dishes. You might try this tasty Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta (Video) or serve it atop Wild Brown Rice. This recipe can also accompany Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pasta, Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat), or Spinach Pomegranate Salad. It’s also good with Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Potato Wedges and Super Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
How to Store and Reheat it
Store any leftover Tuscan Chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for 3-4 days. To reheat it, place it in a pan on the stove top to warm over medium heat. You can add a little more butter or heavy cream to get the sauce to the consistency you want.
More Delicious Chicken dishes!
- Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
- Baked Breaded Chicken Cutlets
- Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi With Red Sauce
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Flatbread Pizza
Full Recipe Instructions
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
For the Chicken
Season and brown the chicken
- Start off by slicing the chicken breasts in half, into thin cutlets. Then season both sides with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bring a cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then cook the seasoned chicken on both sides. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.
Make the sauce
- Now bring the heat down to medium and in the same pan add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter along with 3-4 finely chopped garlic cloves. Stir for about 10 seconds.
- Then add 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) and 3 cups baby spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Bring the heat to medium-high and let it come to a simmer. Once it simmering, turn the heat off and add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until it’s melted, then add the chicken back in.