Rice Noodle Salad is a simple refreshing dish chock full of vegetables and rich flavor. Ready in minutes, this bright dish is a perfect side to any meal.
For a more traditional pasta salad, check out our Tri-Color Pasta Salad Recipe!
This recipe was originally posted December 29, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here
Rice Noodle Salad Recipe
Give this rice noodle salad a try for your upcoming New Years gathering. It’s one of those salads that you just can’t get enough of. The soy sauce and garlic give it such a bold flavor, which makes it slightly addicting. It’s definitely not your typical salad since it’s quite filling.
Tip: This salad tastes best the next day. Letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight helps the dressing soak into the vegetables better.
Ingredients for Rice Noodle Salad
How to Make Rice Noodle Salad
Prepare vegetables as directed in the printable recipe below. Soak rice noodles as directed. While noodles soak, prepare the dressing in a separate bowl. Heat the oil and toss over vegetables as directed before combining all ingredients to create the salad. Refrigerate prior to serving.
More Salad Recipes
Fresh salads loaded with vegetables or pasta are a perfect side dish. They are one of those staple side dishes that works year round. This is a great side dish for any protein. If you like pasta based salads, make sure to check out our Tri-Color Pasta Salad. For a vegetable-centric salad, you’ll love my Carrot Salad or this Vietnamese rice noodle salad recipe.
Full Recipe Instructions
Sesame Noodle Salad (Funchoza)
- Cut the carrot and bell peppers into julienned slices.
- Submerge the rice noodles in a bowl of boiling water. Let it sit for 5-6 minutes. Remove and strain the water out.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Mix to combine. Then begin to warm up the sesame oil in a pan.
- In a large bowl, add the bell peppers, carrot, and grated garlic.
- In a skillet heat the sesame and peanut oil over high heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Pour the hot oil over the cut vegetables. Quickly toss with tongs.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and rice noodles to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve chilled.