All you need is 4 ingredients for this turkey gravy recipe! You won’t believe how easy and quick it is to make. After all the hard work you put into making a gorgeous Thanksgiving turkey, the last thing you want to think about is a complicated turkey gravy recipe.
No worries, I got you! Once you make this gravy please be sure to enjoy every drop. We love to serve it alongside green bean salad and cranberry jello salad. Those are just a must for a Thanksgiving meal.
This post has Amazon affiliate links for tools we used to make this recipe.
Turkey Gravy Recipe
Ingredients for turkey gravy
- Turkey drippings
- all-purpose flour
- chicken broth
- salt & pepper
How to make turkey gravy
- After you’ve transferred your roasted turkey out of the roasting pan, pour all of those flavorful turkey drippings into a measuring cup.
- In a saucepan begin making the roux by combining the drippings with flour while whisking for about 1-2 minutes. Then slowly add the chicken broth and allow it to simmer until thickened.
- Remove it from the heat and season the turkey gravy with salt and pepper to taste.
What is a roux
A roux is a common cooking method used to thicken sauces. So basically you combine some sort of fat (butter, turkey drippings, etc.) along with the flour. Whisk it until its cooked and smooth. Then you can go ahead and add the remaining ingredients of your sauce.
Turkey gravy without turkey drippings
Do you want delicious homemade gravy but don’t have any turkey drippings around? You can easily make this with chicken broth instead! Just replace the turkey dripping for chicken broth and add about 4 tbsp of butter.
A quick, easy, and downright delicious turkey gravy recipe made with only 4 ingredients!
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pour 1 cup of the turkey drippings into a saucepan. Bring it to medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the flour and let it cook for about a minute while whisking.
- Slowly pour the chicken broth into the saucepan. Allow it to simmer over medium heat until it thickens.
- Take it off the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.