Make my Roast Duck Recipe stuffed with apples and roasted until the skin is a crispy golden brown for a perfect family meal you will love to serve.
Roast Duck Recipe Stuffed with Apples
My Bulgarian grandmother has been making this roast duck recipe for as long as I can remember. The only thing I changed was the addition of the zesty honey glaze. It gives it a slight sweet tartness that really compliments the tender meat. If you’ve never cooked duck, this is a perfect recipe to begin. You will love the rich flavors and beautiful presentation this recipe gives.
Ingredients for Roast Duck Recipe
For the complete recipe with measurements and directions see the printable recipe below.
- Garlic Powder
- Granny Smith Apples
- Orange Juice
- Lemon Juice
How to make a Roast Duck Recipe
- Prepare the duck for baking by washing, drying, and adding the spice blend rub.
- Stuff the duck as directed.
- Roast in a roasting pan and finish with a generous amount of glaze on top to create the beautiful crispy golden brown skin. I find that the best way to glaze the roast duck is to use a silicone pastry brush.
Don’t forget to generously coat all exposed parts of the skin to create a nice golden brown crusty skin once completely cooked.
More Delicious Recipes
While a roast duck recipe may seem difficult, I hope this has shown you how simple it can be to create. I know you’ll love this roast duck recipe as a perfect family meal for holidays or special occasions. If you are looking for other amazing specialty meals that aren’t difficult to create, check out some of my favorites below.
Roast Duck Stuffed with Apples
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Remove the insides of the duck, then wash and pat it dry. Rub the entire duck with the spice and salt mixture.
- Core the Granny Smith apples and cut them into halves.
- Stuff the duck as much as possible with the apples. Then tie the drumsticks with kitchen twine.
- Place the duck (upside down) into a roasting pan.
- Whisk together the honey, orange juice, and lemon juice. This will be the glaze.
- Roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes.
- Flip the duck on its front side and roast for another 50 minutes.
- Remove the duck form the oven and brush a generous amount of the glaze on top. Let it sit for about 20 minutes before serving.
This recipe was originally posted on March 16, 2016, we’ve tweaked it a bit since then.