This is the Best Tuna Pasta Salad you have ever tasted! Creamy, crunchy, and delicious, you will love this variation on a classic cold salad.
The BEST Tuna Pasta Salad
If you are a fan of Tuna Pasta Salad, then you have to try this recipe. It is the BEST! A creamy mix of hard-boiled eggs and mayonnaise with crunchy celery and onion, every bite of this salad is addictive. Made with fresh herbs for the best flavor, you’ll find that this version of the classic tuna pasta salad is much more complex and deliciously flavored. It’s also an easy salad to make and perfect for lunch, dinner, or a backyard barbecue. This tasty dish is the perfect side for almost any meal, including Air Fryer Chipotle Chicken Thighs or Garlic Herb Steak Bites.
What makes this tuna pasta salad so good?
This tuna pasta salad uses Albacore tuna, Elbow macaroni, and Mayonnaise as the base, but it’s extra creamy because of the Hard-boiled eggs that are added. Chopped dill, Onion, Celery, Salt, and Pepper are what make this salad so delicious, both in texture and flavor.
Best tuna for pasta salad
The best tuna for a pasta salad is Albacore tuna. It’s rich in healthy fats, like omega-3 fatty acids, and has more protein than other types. This tuna variety is tasty and goes well with the other ingredients to make the salad nice and creamy.
How to make it healthier
If you want to make a healthier version of this pasta salad dish, then you can substitute sour cream or Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise. Or if you prefer the flavor of mayonnaise, you can also use a lighter version.
How to make tuna pasta salad
- Boil the eggs. In a small pot of water, place the eggs and make sure they are submerged. Let the water come to a boil and then turn off the heat. Cover and wait 8 minutes.
- Peel and chop the eggs. Transfer the hard-boiled eggs to an ice bath and peel them when they are cool. Then chop the eggs into fine pieces. Set aside.
- Cook the macaroni. Place the elbow macaroni in a pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the drained tuna, chopped onion, celery, dill, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined. Serve chilled.
How long will it keep?
Your Tuna Pasta Salad will last for about 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Place it in a well-sealed container to keep the salad from drying out.
What do you eat with pasta salad?
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Juicy Air Fryer Steak (with perfect crust)
- Mushroom Arugula Flatbread Pizza
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
Best way to store it
The best way to keep this salad fresh is by placing it in an airtight container and keeping it in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
More pasta salad recipe to try!
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad– Full of delicious Mediterranean flavor and so filling.
- Italian Tri-color Pasta Salad– Cold, zesty, and super addictive.
- Classic Creamy Pasta Salad– This is what everyone wants at a barbecue!
- BLT Pasta Salad– With crispy air fryer bacon bits.
- Pesto Mozzarella Pasta Salad– Tiny mozzarella balls with cool pesto and cherry tomatoes.
The BEST Tuna Pasta Salad
- Fill a small pot of lukewarm water and place 3 large eggs inside. Make sure the eggs are completely submerged. Let it the water come to a boil. Then turn the heat off, cover with a lid, and set your timer for 8 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the hard-boiled eggs to an ice bath and peel the eggs once they’re cooled.
- Then chop the eggs into fine pieces.
- Now cook 12 oz of elbow macaroni in Pot of water al dente. Make sure to Salt the water really well.
- Mix everything together until it’s all well combined. Serve chilled
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad- Full of delicious Mediterranean flavor and so filling.
- Italian Tri-color Pasta Salad- Cold, zesty, and super addictive.
- Classic Creamy Pasta Salad- This is what everyone wants at a barbecue!
- BLT Pasta Salad- With crispy air fryer bacon bits.
- Pesto Mozzarella Pasta Salad- Tiny mozzarella balls with cool pesto and cherry tomatoes.