This Honey Soy Salmon is grilled on a cedar plank with sliced pineapple beneath it, infusing so much sweet citrusy flavor! The best-grilled salmon recipe!
If you love grilled salmon, try our 6 ingredient cedar plank salmon or our 30-minute pineapple salmon for the perfect grilled summer dinner.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
How to make Cedar Plank Salmon on the grill
- The first thing you want to do is soak your cedar planks in some cold water for a few hours. This will really ensure that the planks don’t char and catch on fire while grilling the fish.
- Make the honey soy marinade as listed in the printable recipe below.
- Now place your sliced pineapple onto the cedar planks. Then, place the salmon on top and season with salt, pepper, and the honey soy marinade. Then grill the salmon as directed below.
Ingredients for honey soy salmon
How to cook cedar plank salmon in the oven
- The process here is almost identical to cooking salmon on the grill. You’ll want to soak the cedar planks first, then place the fish on top (along with a baking sheet under). Then bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes.
How to tell if salmon is cooked
- This depends on how flaky you want your fish. I always go by the color of the salmon or how well it flakes when forked lightly.
- If you’re ever unsure, insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the fish and it should read at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I reuse a cedar plank?
Absolutely! Well, okay that depends on how chared it got from the previous time it was used. Another thing to keep in mind is what was cooked on it previously. If you don’t want any flavors of the previous fish infusing into the new recipe, don’t use it. But in general, if you scrape off the older fish and soak the cedar plank in water s again it will still work just as great.
What to serve with Grilled Salmon?
- mashed potatoes
- grilled vegetables
- garlic tomato salad
- cucumber cabbage salad
- wild brown rice
- Garlic Asparagus
Watch how to make this easy salmon recipe
Full Recipe Instructions
Grilled Honey Soy Salmon
- Combine 3 pressed garlic cloves, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 1/2 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in a bowl. Then set aside
- Soak cedar planks in cold water for a few hours.
- Cut pineapple into 1-inch slices and place on a cedar plank.
- Place salmon onto pineapple and season with salt and pepper. Then spread the soy sauce mixture on top of the salmon fillet.
- Grill on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until internal salmon temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Smoked Salmon Salad - May 31, 2023
- Garlic Aioli - May 30, 2023
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad - May 27, 2023
Leave questions and feedback here